Subaru 1.8MPFI with Kennedy VW Adapter Kit

webnetxpress
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 1:01 am

Subaru 1.8MPFI with Kennedy VW Adapter Kit

Post by webnetxpress »

Hi,
I have a 1987 1.8 OHC MPFI engine for sale. It is fresh from a rebuild with blue printing and balancing. The engine has never been run since rebuild. The engine is complete from valve cover to valve cover. Includes new camshafts, valves, pistons, etc. New oil pump, new water pump, new timing belts, new valve cover gaskets, new oil filter, new spark plugs.

To read a complete list of parts and see photos go to http://www.webnetxpress.com/subaru

Also included is the donor car's original radiator with electric fan assembly. As an added bonus, a custom light weight aluminum and plastic radiator is included with a racing electric fan assembly. The custom radiator weighs in at about 15 pounds vs. the subaru one that weighs about 40!

This engine was intended to be used in a VW based kit car, so it also includes a Kennedy Engineering Performance adapter set which has a custom flywheel and adapter plate. Comes with all necessary bolts to be used with VW transmission. Will bolt directly onto a VW transmission and does not require any additional frame or engine supports (thanks to the light weight aluminum engine!).

This engine is complete, not disassembled. It has the timing belts, belt covers, MPFI, etc. all installed and the engine is ready to bolt into a car! (Does not include any form of exhaust system.)

Along with the engine I also have:
1. a complete MPFI intake, with wiring harness and ECM (computer) - this is an extra unit for parts or direct bolt-on to another engine if desired
2. alternator
3. air conditioning compressor
4. all the necessary mpfi components of the donor car:
-ECM
-wiring harness (complete)
-distributor (a spare one is also included)
-knock, oxygen, throttle, oil sensor(s)
-air cleaner
-air snorkel
-air flow meter
-fuel pump
-fuel purge canister
-auxiliary air valve (aav)
-and many more... (just email with questions)

I will be glad to crate everything up and ship it or deliver it. I will also consider a trade for a VW running engine (1600, 1800, etc) I have a full set of pictures that I can send to interested parties, just email me at [email protected] and I'll send them out. The engine is located in Florida.
stevestromberg
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am

Subaru 1.8MPFI with Kennedy VW Adapter Kit

Post by stevestromberg »

I might swap you the Subby for a VW let me know what you are looking for. Steve

[email protected]
webnetxpress
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 1:01 am

Subaru 1.8MPFI with Kennedy VW Adapter Kit

Post by webnetxpress »

I emailed you back directly, if you don't get an email, just let me know.

[email protected]
ontheroad68

Subaru 1.8MPFI with Kennedy VW Adapter Kit

Post by ontheroad68 »

how much?
kevin
[email protected]
Post Reply