Page 1 of 1

Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
by Lew
I just removed my original crank pulley and installed a 7" Aluminum degree pulley. I cannot get the original Metric Belt to it's right tension. I shifted all the shims on the generator pulley but had no success in getting the belt back to the right tension. I did notice the degree pulley has a wider and deeper grove. Anyone know what belt I need. A belt number would be a big help. :)

Also the Bentley says 29 to 36 Ftp on the steel pulley. I torqued the aluminum to 40.

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm
by Bruce2
The later wider belt is 11.3x912.

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 am
by pkdmslf
I just had a new (used) motor put in my rail. It has a stock diameter aluminum crank pulley and alternator. The belt that is installed is a 11.3 X 912.

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 am
by Lew
Is this the belt number I need for the Generator, I am not running a Alternator. Thanks! :)

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 am
by david58
Lew wrote:Is this the belt number I need for the Generator, I am not running a Alternator. Thanks! :)
Lew that is the width and length of the belt he is running I'll see if I can get a part # for ya.
The belt that is installed is a 11.3 X 912.
http://www.azbaja.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/p=57389.html wrote: I measured the outside diameter of my pulley and it is 6 3/4". I did find a number on the belt that is currently installed:
11.3 X 912 and I guess the belt PN: 9730798
73-77, Spr 73-79, Ghia 73-74 Alternator Belt, 11.3 x 912 mm

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:17 am
by david58
I called Napa with the belt dimensions and they only offer it in off brand and have to order it. :shock:
Advance has it for a 3/8 belt groove stock size pulley part # 15355
And for a 7/16 belt groove stock size pulley part # 15358
GATES Part # 7355 {High Capacity V-Belt (Standard); HC41 13/32" x 36 1/8"}

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 pm
by Lew

Re: Help with Generator Belt!

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 am
by david58
Awesome link. :wink: Added to Sticky in Newbie Forum.