amsterdam nights!
IM000660sm.JPG
Rear before
Picture 061sm.JPG
After
updates 211sm.jpg
I use a wet sponge block with P240 to take the most off, then use
P400, then P600.
I have a question for the Pros:
In the beginning, I used 3 coats epoxy primer after grinding off all the old
paint and rust.
After all welding, grinding panel replacement and bodywork was finished,
I used Sikkens HighBuild primer, 3 coats, then blocked everything.
I then repainted any parts that broke through the HB with HB again and blocked
until flat(on a BUG, NOTHING is FLAT!)
Then I used SIKKENS 2K sealer for the whole car.
After a 3 day wait, I sprayed all the parts with the 2006 Ford, Laser Red Metallic Pearl.
I didn't get through with the body because my gun started shooting water drops out,
even though I have a trap on the compressor AND a trap right at the connection to my gun.
Probably due to a too small compressor and the fact that I could only get it up to 60 degrees
in the shop...and my impatience!
Anywho, on to the question:
SIkkens is very high priced here, actually ALL paint is VERY high priced here, so I am thinking
about switching and shooting the color with Lesonal. Do the Pros here think that I should
re-seal after sanding, to keep the two different products away from each other to prevent
possible *lifting*?
Any comments are welcome, HELPFUL comments are GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Don
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.