Sir's:
What is the best Spark plug for MSD Ignition?
T.I.A.
Best Spark Plug for MSD Ignition
-
tattooed_pariah
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Re: Best Spark Plug for MSD Ignition
holy old thread!
Wondering if maybe some more information might help get an answer.. since I'm now faced with the same question.. I forget what plugs I have in right now, they work, but I haven't had a chance to yank one since I started using the MSD to see how they're doing..
Here's my specs:
1776cc
Dual Spanish Weber 40IDFs
Holley Red Fuel Pump
Petrol King Regulator
MSD Billet Distributor
MSD Blaster 2 coil
MSD 6AL box
MSD Plug Wires
Brother's Machine Heads 40x35.5 (IIRC.. might be 37.5)
10:1 CR
Wondering if maybe some more information might help get an answer.. since I'm now faced with the same question.. I forget what plugs I have in right now, they work, but I haven't had a chance to yank one since I started using the MSD to see how they're doing..
Here's my specs:
1776cc
Dual Spanish Weber 40IDFs
Holley Red Fuel Pump
Petrol King Regulator
MSD Billet Distributor
MSD Blaster 2 coil
MSD 6AL box
MSD Plug Wires
Brother's Machine Heads 40x35.5 (IIRC.. might be 37.5)
10:1 CR
-pariah
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread
-
tattooed_pariah
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Re: Best Spark Plug for MSD Ignition
just got home, currently I'm running NGK DPR6EA.. I tried googling it and keep finding DPR6EA-9.. mine do NOT have a "-9" on the side.. I have no idea what the difference is..
here's a pic of the plug from #2:

here's a pic of the plug from #2:

-pariah
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread
- Dale M.
- Posts: 1673
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 am
Re: Best Spark Plug for MSD Ignition
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_suppo ... p?mode=nml
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/s ... berkey.pdf
http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/ ... eu_gbr.pdf
There will be a test at end of the week.... study well....
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/s ... berkey.pdf
http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/ ... eu_gbr.pdf
There will be a test at end of the week.... study well....
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
-
tattooed_pariah
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Re: Best Spark Plug for MSD Ignition
haha, since I'm normally one to throw out smart assed replies to questions that are normally easily solved by google, I appreciate your response, however it doesn't answer my question at all.. maybe the question was unclear..Dale M. wrote:http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_suppo ... p?mode=nml
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/s ... berkey.pdf
http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/ ... eu_gbr.pdf
There will be a test at end of the week.... study well....
I was hoping to learn from practical experience, not just textbook theory, what the best plug is for an MSD system. Or is this just a matter of drinking the kool-aid and using whatever your favorite brand is?
I know most camps balk at the multi-prong plugs saying that they really don't do anything worth their cost, and the same is said about platinum plugs, etc..
Since the MSD stuff has a hotter spark, is the same plug that I would run with a stock ignition system really my best option? or should I upgrade my plugs to match the upgraded ignition?
-pariah
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread
"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
1972 VolksRod Build Thread