Milling Tools for Drums and Rotors

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
User avatar
ProctorSilex
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Milling Tools for Drums and Rotors

Post by ProctorSilex »

I want to use my mill to drill holes in blank drums and rotors. I would also like to cut off the excess material on some old drums to use as hubs. I was thinking that I could use a rotating table for that, but I am uncertain how to mount them to the table on center. I do not have a table yet. Would a flat table that the work material has to be clamped to be better or would one with a chuck be more suitable? Could a chuck hold the drums/rotors from the inside of the bore to center them?

Thank you
Last edited by ProctorSilex on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ol'fogasaurus
Posts: 17881
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: Milling Tools for Drums and Rotors

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

As long as it was set up correctly I don't see why it shouldn't work. I'd be perfectly sure by maybe doing a test piece first before you chance something expensive trying it out.

Lee
Post Reply