My opinion is the best option is the RJES Bellhousing http://www.rjes.com/ it allows you to use all stock Subaru clutch and starter as the VW Starters do not always like turning over the higher compression Subaru engines. as far as getting a flywheel and clutch here in the US they are available new from Subaru as a full clutch kit I decided to go that root rather than trying to get my flywheel resurfaced on my Subaru. this also means you are using the Subaru full clutch kit to hold up to the power and have a nice feel. Just to not I do not own any conversions YET but this is what I hope to use when I build up my Syncro.
Alex
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
changing the bell housing is rather easy the most complicated part is dealing with the bearing adjusters you should loosen one side before pulling the VW bell housing and installing the RJES unit and then put it back to where it was when you started as it sets the bearing preload and the pinion to ring gear engagement. other than that it is just a few bolts and the input shaft.
Alex
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
The clutch and flywheel depend on the bell-housing, what transmission do you have and what engine was hooked to it origonally? you may want to look at a different starter one of the other threads is talking about that right now.
Alex
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
Hello Donato, did you also consider the kit from www.subarugears.com ?
You might like to use the 5 speed Subaru gearbox that is matched to your engine so you can have relaxed cruising.
Hello Donato, did you also consider the kit from www.subarugears.com ?
You might like to use the 5 speed Subaru gearbox that is matched to your engine so you can have relaxed cruising.
i have munt on a 1600 cc engine whith 215 mm flyweel
for the subarugear, i know very well and this is a great solution but in italy not easy to find a subaru transmission and the conversion is not more easy