Page 1 of 1
Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 pm
by ONEBADBUG
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381124453064?ss ... 1555.l2649
Okay, some of you keep saying you would love to go wheel to wheel racing, here you go. The reason I am selling this is because I can't find 3 other people to be on the team, and for Chump, you need 4 drivers. Car is ready to go except for engine.
Re: Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 pm
by Piledriver
That looks like it would be ridiculous level fun for the right someone.
Re: Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:45 pm
by ONEBADBUG
Piledriver wrote:That looks like it would be ridiculous level fun for the right someone.
It is, outbraking a much newer car and passing them on the inside is a hoot. With enough engine, it could be competitive.
Re: Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 pm
by socal thing
Very interesting...we looked at a type 1 when we went after our lemons car but, this looks prefect! I hope to see it out there (just not passing me)!
Re: Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 am
by ONEBADBUG
It was fun to build. I am the master of making things out of junk, so it seemed like Chump would be perfect. All my previous race car builds were for autocross or 1/2 hour sprints, making something for 24 hours was a new set of parameters. Building an engine to run on 87 octane was challenging too, I spent a lot of time calculating just how high to set the compression, and I got it just right.
The bad part is, no one local wanted to drive it, and Chump has changed so fast that now a E46 BMW is considered a $500 car.
Re: Chump/Lemons race car
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:34 am
by ProctorSilex
That's the same problem I have had with my Ghia for Chump: nobody local. At least you finished and raced it once unlike me.