Page 1 of 1

Street Suspension questions and upgrades.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm
by DBUG Nist
hello all I have a tube frame buggy with a 8 foot (96 inch) wheel base with a type 1 freeway flyer trans powered by an ej22 (sohc) Subaru motor. the rear is independent rear suspension (IRS) a couple questions im going to be short about them. Also I live in a smaller community, not completely surrounded by farm land but close to it

I want it to be a nice car to drive around town were i can take corners reasonably fast and all around a decent suspension for that.

1. I have a link and king pin front end and im curious what shocks are best for this. front and back the backs are fine but eventually down the road ill be upgrading. there is a set of empi coil overs for 70 which sounds like they're junk since they are so cheap.

2. are camber compensators a good investment to look into?

3. what other odds and ends would be great to add on to make this a fun fast little around town type car.

any questions feel free to ask
thanks, - Dustin

Re: Street Suspension questions and upgrades.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:20 pm
by Steve Arndt