Tach signal conversion?
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:22 am
I'm running my 2.0 four cylinder with an aftermarket ECU.
In the settings for the tach signal I've selected 12v, 50% duty and this worked fine for a few months of testing.
The day before my dyno session the tach started behaving wierdly. It would start up fine but after a little bit of running it would settle between 3k-4k rpm. Revving the engine would momentarily get it back to normal but after a few seconds at constant rpm it would return to its new favorite position.
Any ideas what could be causing this? Do I need to get the 12v signal amplied to the higher voltage spike the coil would give or can I modify the tach to accept the 12v or 5v signal my ECU can send?
In the settings for the tach signal I've selected 12v, 50% duty and this worked fine for a few months of testing.
The day before my dyno session the tach started behaving wierdly. It would start up fine but after a little bit of running it would settle between 3k-4k rpm. Revving the engine would momentarily get it back to normal but after a few seconds at constant rpm it would return to its new favorite position.
Any ideas what could be causing this? Do I need to get the 12v signal amplied to the higher voltage spike the coil would give or can I modify the tach to accept the 12v or 5v signal my ECU can send?