Site Issues

H2OSB

Re: Site Issues

Post by H2OSB »

Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't just me. I will say, however, I did dump the cashe and cookies last night, and that DID NOT resolve the issue. That said, today it's working correctly.

H2OSB
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Fixed it for me! Thanks!
bug66

Post by bug66 »

Is there a reason why pictures hosted at another location needs to be scaled to use the "[img][/lmg]" function?

I end up not using the site for updates, as the cal-look lounge has automatic picture scaling, and here I can't even show the URL to the down scaled pictures :lol:

Erlend
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Dump cache and cookies will fix for current members. New members won't have problem.

The server change takes a day or two to "straighten up and fly right". Be patient. All will be well in a few days.

Pictures on STF are limited in size to 800 pixels wide, Big and small enough to show well on all computer monitors. Pics from digital cameras are way too big and have to be resized. Resizing can be done easily with any photo app, which everyone has on their machine. Resizing saves disk space which we pay for (mostly I pay for these days). It's always been the prudent way to go.

However, there are programs that resize automatically. I have looked into it many times before and haven't been able to actuate for technical reasons. Now, with the new server, we have a deal that includes the maintenance of the site by professionals (thanks to lclouis for tech and our own FJCamper for hooking us up). Perhaps now we will able to work on resizing pics automatically. No promises, but I'll look into it.

For those interested, STF is on the hook for $75/mo to keep the doors open. I would appreciate not paying all of it. Check the PayPal button.

doc
lcslouis

Post by lcslouis »

I have installed a lightbox mod that should help with resizing automatically.

I also tweaked the resize to 1000px instead of 800 as well.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Thx Louis. Let's have some feedback please.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I paid some on paypal for you which I do once a year....let me know if that isn't enough for a yearly payment.
I consider this a membership which is worth it to me since my build page is hosted here.

I encourage other regulars to contribute to this excellent site to keep it one of the best sites going.

Thanks for all you do.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Thx Clonebug. For those that are already contributing, no more is necessary. If there is an emergency, I'll post and ask for help. For those who have yet to press the Paypal button, try it. We're on the hook for a minimum of $75/mo. After 16 years of unparalleled tech info, no ads and way less static than other places, STF is worth it! Every buck helps.

Thx to all for your participation and support.

doc
Slow 1200

Post by Slow 1200 »

I'm getting this error message

<a id="errorCode" title="SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ALERT">SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ALERT</a>

but only with the Seamonkey browser :?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I get an error trying to open STF on my Iphone with Safari.

It says "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server."

Buguy messaged me on theSamba and said he couldn't get in on his phone either for the same reason.

My home computer works fine.
petew

Post by petew »

I'm having the same issues with Microsoft edge. It's telling me...
Can't connect securely to this page.
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the websites owner
Been like it for a few days now.
petew

Post by petew »

Having similar issues in explorer and on my android phone. Very frustrating. :cry:
lcslouis

Post by lcslouis »

Clonebug wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:07 am I get an error trying to open STF on my Iphone with Safari.

It says "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server."

Buguy messaged me on theSamba and said he couldn't get in on his phone either for the same reason.

What iOS version? I have an iPhone 7plus running 12.1.1 without any issues.
petew wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:52 pm I'm having the same issues with Microsoft edge. It's telling me...
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the websites owner
I have adjusted some settings to fix edge.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

lcslouis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm
Clonebug wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:07 am I get an error trying to open STF on my Iphone with Safari.

What iOS version? I have an iPhone 7plus running 12.1.1 without any issues.
petew wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:52 pm I'm having the same issues with Microsoft edge. It's telling me...
I have adjusted some settings to fix edge.
I'm on Version 11.2.2 if I'm reading it right.
lcslouis

Post by lcslouis »

If you can update to iOS 12.1.1 it will fix the security error that you are getting.