Page 1 of 1
suby conversion starter
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:55 pm
by mutly
I'm currently in the process of looking at my Subaru conversion starter options. I already know about the Jetta/Golf TDI starter but I was wondering about a Bosch starter out of a 2 liter 914. My son currently has a high compression 2 liter type four from a Porsche 914 in his Super. It has never given us any problems starting the motor, hot or cold. I was looking at this combination for my 70 standard type 1. Subaru EJ22, KEP adapter plate and flywheel, type 1 transmission and the Bosch 914 starter. Looking for some feedback on this.
Re: suby conversion starter
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 pm
by turboedbug
I have just a standard beetle starter in mine and never had any problems with it.
Re: suby conversion starter
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am
by joelzy
same here no issues
Re: suby conversion starter
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am
by mutly
That is all good to hear. There’s enough fabrication going on all ready. I really want something that will just bolt on at this point.
Re: suby conversion starter
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am
by mutly
That is all good to hear. There’s enough fabrication going on all ready. I really want something that will just bolt on at this point.