Barrells for mahle pistons

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
cncwhiz

Barrells for mahle pistons

Post by cncwhiz »

I have a set of 90.5 pistons from a motor I built years ago. They are in good shape. The barrels got rust damage so I scraped them. Should I find some used barrels for them? I am a machinist so yes I will check the barrels for roundness and scoring. I can stick them in a lathe and match the deck height.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

sideshow

Re: Barrells for mahle pistons

Post by sideshow »

I've done that before, recycled a set of 94 old school cima/malhe A kit with barrels top trimmed down too far for the head to seal (done at a non-ACVW shop) into a set a new china cylinders.

Cost wise I doubt there was any savings, but I wanted a set of As and while it was more effort I doubt they are any better than "new" or cheaper.

I then needed to trim down the barrels anyways, but I do that myself and take them off from the lower.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
cncwhiz

Post by cncwhiz »

Doing the work.myself should cost little money. I will buy good quality rings. We have a sunnen home at work. Not sure of size for the barrels.
Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
cncwhiz

Post by cncwhiz »

Sideswipe wrote:I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
Do you still have the barrels? I'm switching back to cars from working on my house and am rounding up parts.

Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

cncwhiz wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm
Sideswipe wrote:I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
Do you still have the barrels? I'm switching back to cars from working on my house and am rounding up parts.

No, sorry
madmike

Post by madmike »

Give Kona a hollar on the slamba, I think I got a set of AA 94's for 125 bucks to my door, they will work for any brand piston, :wink: