Page 1 of 1
Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:04 am
by cncwhiz
I have a set of 90.5 pistons from a motor I built years ago. They are in good shape. The barrels got rust damage so I scraped them. Should I find some used barrels for them? I am a machinist so yes I will check the barrels for roundness and scoring. I can stick them in a lathe and match the deck height.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:35 am
by sideshow
I've done that before, recycled a set of 94 old school cima/malhe A kit with barrels top trimmed down too far for the head to seal (done at a non-ACVW shop) into a set a new china cylinders.
Cost wise I doubt there was any savings, but I wanted a set of As and while it was more effort I doubt they are any better than "new" or cheaper.
I then needed to trim down the barrels anyways, but I do that myself and take them off from the lower.
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:53 am
by cncwhiz
Doing the work.myself should cost little money. I will buy good quality rings. We have a sunnen home at work. Not sure of size for the barrels.
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:21 pm
by Sideswipe
I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm
by cncwhiz
Sideswipe wrote:I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
Do you still have the barrels? I'm switching back to cars from working on my house and am rounding up parts.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:32 pm
by Sideswipe
cncwhiz wrote: ↑Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm
Sideswipe wrote:I have a set of 90.5 Mahle barrels with maybe 500-1000 miles on them if you're interested
Do you still have the barrels? I'm switching back to cars from working on my house and am rounding up parts.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
No, sorry
Re: Barrells for mahle pistons
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:29 am
by madmike
Give Kona a hollar on the slamba, I think I got a set of AA 94's for 125 bucks to my door, they will work for any brand piston,
