in the beginning of my engine build I had my block ultrasonic cleaned and the guy was wondering why I had pulled all the plugs except for that one, so he removed the plug and the sleeve and drilled and tapped it.
So I now have a perfectly good new engine, that most likely has oil pressure problems
Do you have an idea what to do without having to disassemble the whole engine? Running an electric fuel pump is not a problem, I just want to avoid any oil pressure issues.
I came up with the following three possibilities and I'm curios to hear your thoughts about them.
Option 1: Modify a set screw, so that it plugs the oil gallery, while being screwed into the drilled and tapped outside hole.
Option 2: Using an o-ring plug like that one: https://www.hasco.com/de/Z/Temperiersys ... p/Z9425_d1
to plug the oil gallery. The diameter of the gallery is 10mm right? so this might work.
Option 3: Slipping a notched rod into the hole, that the fuel pump rod sleeve is normally pressed into. The outside plug then prevents it from moving.
Thanks in advance,
Dan