Page 1 of 1

944 steel swing arms with disc brakes

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2026 3:04 pm
by 5.0 Chero
Are these still desirable? I have a set from a project long forgotten. Just wondering if it was worth trying to sell them or if they a scrap iron. I am in Central Coast California.

Re: 944 steel swing arms with disc brakes

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2026 6:36 pm
by Ian Godfrey
Where I am in Australia they are definitely desirable for up grade to beetle's and Ghia's and for 944 cup racing. not so sure about the US?

Re: 944 steel swing arms with disc brakes

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 6:44 am
by 5.0 Chero
Thanks Ian

Re: 944 steel swing arms with disc brakes

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 11:50 pm
by Bruce.m
In a pinch, it Might be easier to store / ship if you ditch the arms & keep the most important parts. The brake parts (all the handbrake parts, the caliper mount, etc) and the hubs.

I run boxster brakes all round & use the 944 caliper mount, hub, handbrake parts, etc (including the arms).