valves wont adjust
-
veedawg
valves wont adjust
the valves on #3 & #4 wont adjust the screws are turned all the way out. i know im not doing them in the wrong order ive done this plenty and have never had this problem. the dist. is not in backwards either i am completely baffled. i just bought this motr so i dont know much else thank you
- Thorkhild
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:01 am
valves wont adjust
Doesn't sound Good! Maybe try taking off the rocker arm and re torque it down. Inspect the pushrods and make sure they are all ok. I had teh same probs on a new engine. I had to put shims under the rocker arm blocks to adjust 'em.------------------
Thorkhild
1968 VW Blue Fastback
My Car Page
-
veedawg
valves wont adjust
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thorkhild:
<B>
Doesn't sound Good! Maybe try taking off the rocker arm and re torque it down. Inspect the pushrods and make sure they are all ok. I had teh same probs on a new engine. I had to put shims under the rocker arm blocks to adjust 'em.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ive triied a completely different set of rockers. what are shims how do i use them and how do i determine the right size? can i just use washers until i can adjust? thanks for your help
<B>
Doesn't sound Good! Maybe try taking off the rocker arm and re torque it down. Inspect the pushrods and make sure they are all ok. I had teh same probs on a new engine. I had to put shims under the rocker arm blocks to adjust 'em.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ive triied a completely different set of rockers. what are shims how do i use them and how do i determine the right size? can i just use washers until i can adjust? thanks for your help