Jake Raby\'s Type 4 VW\'s
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 7:21 am
Hello everyone!
Ok, I am new to this forum, but Jake has been bugging me to post here!
I had the oppertunity to drive Jake Raby's newest type 4 conversion this past weekend.
After a test drive to see if I could drive the Thing, I took the Thing on its first 100 miles to a parade. It drove great! No problems whatsoever were encountered!
I had already planned to have the same motor in this thing installed in my 73 Sqaureback.
In which, we will also be doing an article for VW Trends about a type into a type 3 conversion. Of course when we actually get to get started on it, it will mention more then just the stuff about my Sqaureback installtion. With a some unput from Jake we will let the world know why we are all haveing fun with our Type 4 motors!
I also had the chance to drive Jake's Beast! The 66 Beetle with the 2613 in it(I think that's what it is!). Boy, was that fun. I have never driven a car with such power!
Later everyone!
------------------
Kathy Jacobs
SEVWC / VW Trends
Ok, I am new to this forum, but Jake has been bugging me to post here!
I had the oppertunity to drive Jake Raby's newest type 4 conversion this past weekend.
After a test drive to see if I could drive the Thing, I took the Thing on its first 100 miles to a parade. It drove great! No problems whatsoever were encountered!
I had already planned to have the same motor in this thing installed in my 73 Sqaureback.
In which, we will also be doing an article for VW Trends about a type into a type 3 conversion. Of course when we actually get to get started on it, it will mention more then just the stuff about my Sqaureback installtion. With a some unput from Jake we will let the world know why we are all haveing fun with our Type 4 motors!
I also had the chance to drive Jake's Beast! The 66 Beetle with the 2613 in it(I think that's what it is!). Boy, was that fun. I have never driven a car with such power!
Later everyone!
------------------
Kathy Jacobs
SEVWC / VW Trends