Steering Problems
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 9:56 am
Please help.
The last few days, my steering has been extremely stiff. But it is not all the time, only on the odd occasion. It seem to "lock" into place, but after a slight yank at the wheel, I hear a click and everything returns to normal for a while.
I got the lube points at the front end regreased the day it started, but this has not helped. I got the King and Linkpins replaced 18 months ago.
The front end has been lowered about 3 inches and is extremely hard (maybe max 2 inches upward movement with tyres on the road, and about 4 inches downward movement).
1969 T1 sedan. King and link pin (South African model).
Any ideas?????
The last few days, my steering has been extremely stiff. But it is not all the time, only on the odd occasion. It seem to "lock" into place, but after a slight yank at the wheel, I hear a click and everything returns to normal for a while.
I got the lube points at the front end regreased the day it started, but this has not helped. I got the King and Linkpins replaced 18 months ago.
The front end has been lowered about 3 inches and is extremely hard (maybe max 2 inches upward movement with tyres on the road, and about 4 inches downward movement).
1969 T1 sedan. King and link pin (South African model).
Any ideas?????