Cooling on my 64

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
Michael T Borelli
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2001 12:01 am

Cooling on my 64

Post by Michael T Borelli »

I have been going round and round about where to put the rad. I think I have come up with a good idea. I am using a brand new aluminum rad from a V6 fiero(don't ask, it was cheap(free) and a s blade fan and shroud from a ford. With trimming it makes an air tight fit to the rad. I am mounting this flat where the fuel tank would go. I am opening the fender wells to exhaust the hot air. I am currently makinig a plate to seal off the hot air from coming into the cabin. KEP said to use a slighter rad so I figure a v6 rad would surely cool a 2.0 4cyl. Just to let you know I am running a fuel cell because I am running the factory FI off the 99 and I did not want to run into foaming problems with the stock tank plus it gives me place for the rad. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the hint about the stainless pipe for the rad supply. I am deffinetly going that route. I need help with the fuel lines, should I run plastic like it came with or metal brake line. Please help