Page 1 of 1

Subaru motor into Beetle

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 6:47 am
by Superman
Post your car, tech info, or opinions.

Subaru motor into Beetle

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:27 am
by Richard Olafsson
Mine is a Speedster replica on a swing axle pan. I've already done an Alfa Romeo swap but now am moving up to a Subaru Impreza turbo. The engine is from a 1998 UK spec car, they are rated at 208bhp but are under-quoted by Subaru, with a free flowing exhaust (-cat) and an aftermarket air filter I should be in the 230-240bhp region.
I will put the cooling in the back, in front of the axles with fully enclosed ducting from underneath the car (one mini rad either side, each rad tilted back at the top). I'm not putting them at the front as I want to keep my spare wheel (doing a tour of Europe over the summer in it!).
All will be revealed on my web site as I go,

Rich
PS My url is http://www.ricola.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Richard Olafsson (edited 01-23-2001).]

Subaru motor into Beetle

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:16 pm
by paul
Hey Supes!

I,ve got a line on a 2.2 Subaru if anyone is interested. Complete car in Central Texas.Good donor material!!