Page 1 of 1

Cooling update

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:55 am
by Richard Olafsson
I have joined some others of you by fitting an Alfa 33 radiator up front. It is slightly bigger than the Metro one I had before, but double the thickness. It is mounted just in front of the torsion beam with fully enclosed ducting to under the front bumper. The top of the ducting is quite steeply sloped which allows me to keep my spare wheel!
I haven't really given it a full test, but I did have a cruise at 80/85mph on the motorway into work this morning and the temp gauge didn't move at all (Subaru engines run quite cool, approx 80 degrees). Although it was quite cool, I am quietly optimistic of this setup. I will put up pics of the new setup on my website next week.
Bear in mind that I also have a rad in the back and I am running an Impreza turbo engine in a speedster replica.

As an extra benefit, the warm air passes into the centre tunnel and up through the handbrake gaiter and I have a handwarmer!

Cheers,
Rich http://www.ricola.co.uk

I've now updated my page if you want a look!


[This message has been edited by Richard Olafsson (edited 07-11-2001).]

Cooling update

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 6:50 am
by Richard Olafsson
TOP!

For the regulars that would have missed my web site update.