Woooshhh a bug

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
TomsBug
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2001 12:01 am

Woooshhh a bug

Post by TomsBug »

Hi gang

I guess it all comes down to how much money we have to hang off our rides.

Jay Leno of Tonight Show fame has finally found an engine that should be a natural for beetles. Jay found a guy in LA.(Louisiana) that installs retired Bell Ranger Helicoptor turbines in road bikes and pickups. Don't get to excited though, the price tag on the bike is $150K. The "stock" bike does 9 sec quarters and is good for over 200MPH on the road.

HOWEVER, the 130# turbine puts out between 320 and 350HP @ 450 ftlbs of torque. This should make a nice power to weight ratio for beetles. Downside is 4MPG on diesel. But with acceleration like that, who really checks MPG. Image Image Image
GodofAtheism
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2001 12:01 am

Woooshhh a bug

Post by GodofAtheism »

I think Jake has been talking about that for a while. I seem to remember something about putting one in a bus but I dont really remember.....
sounds like way too much fun Image

Peter
Post Reply