3rd brake lights

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
nicanor
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2001 12:01 am

3rd brake lights

Post by nicanor »

I found an alternative to a 3rd brake light setup. 72SuicideRag earlier gave me an idea about putting stips of LED in between the aid vents below the rear window. Sounds nice, but I also found this little item that may work also. They're used for LED lights to repace the liscense plate bolts (pretty lame idea), but I'm thinking of putting a couple of these in my air vent at each sides facing upwards. It's small enough to be "invisible" from the car behind but when you hit your brakes, your whole area inside your air vents should light up. You probably could set them up as signals also (but it might be too bright and either signals would light up the whole area, confusing which direction you'd be turnign into).

I'm ordering a set and going to try them out and will post picts later after installation. There's a bunch of these on Ebay for about $10 per pair. The ones pictured are blue, but they also come in red.
cre8iv1
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:01 am

3rd brake lights

Post by cre8iv1 »

sounds like a sweet idea...

see ya,
Brett
Post Reply