I'm gathering info on a project I want to do. I want to add T4 power and running gear to a 60's split-window bus.
In the front, I will be installing a '68 bay-window front beam with adjusters. I'll swap out the spindles and brakes with the late 70's big discs.
I'm going to be building an upright T4 engine for power.
I'm working on the transmission ideas right now. I want to install the bay-window IRS setup. I've got most parts figured out. I've got the trailing arms and all the IRS stuff figured out. Main thing is I want to use the late 70's 091 transmission. I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this "retro-fit". I'd be curious specifically about how you mounted the tranny and especially what you did for the nose-cone and shifter. I know there are different options out there for bugs, but the early bus used a slightly different nosecone. I'm sure if I gathered all the pieces, I could easily figure some of this out. But again, just looking for ideas from people who might have done this or might have some input. thanks.