Like to go fast ? Check this out
-
stevestromberg
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
See: http://200.207.190.40/crashed/ferrari/ferrari1.htm
Please Look at this site this can happen to you or someone you love. Remember James Dean was killed when a car pulled out in front of him as he was traveling at a high speed. Steve Ps I have not had a ticket for 22 years just by following the rules of the road.
WARNING: THESE PHOTO'S SHOW THE MANGLED REMAINS OF DEAD PEOPLE
[This message has been edited by stevestromberg (edited 06-30-2001).]
Please Look at this site this can happen to you or someone you love. Remember James Dean was killed when a car pulled out in front of him as he was traveling at a high speed. Steve Ps I have not had a ticket for 22 years just by following the rules of the road.
WARNING: THESE PHOTO'S SHOW THE MANGLED REMAINS OF DEAD PEOPLE
[This message has been edited by stevestromberg (edited 06-30-2001).]
-
Spyke
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2000 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Oh come on Steve.
The least you could do is warn people that the emphasis of this site is NOT a crashed car, it's pics of thoroughly mangled humans.
Real classy...
The least you could do is warn people that the emphasis of this site is NOT a crashed car, it's pics of thoroughly mangled humans.
Real classy...
-
stevestromberg
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Take the photos as a waring of how quickly fun can turn into a senesless loss of life. Slow down, if you want to go fast there are tracks all over that have track days contact the Alfa Owners Club as they have many track day open to the public. Steve
- Rouser914S
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Yep, a warning would have been prudent ...
-
Poor Realist
- Posts: 695
- Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2000 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Yep, would have to be in medicine or the military to stomach that. Excuse me while I go puke... 

-
extremely dissapointed
Like to go fast ? Check this out
I am shocked that a STF moderator would post that. are you that much of an arrogant ass?
-
stevestromberg
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Shocked. Well two of my buddy's were hit in head on crashes in the last year both were driving in Topanga Canyon. Larry was going 15 mph turning into a driveway when a 17y.o. kid in a F150 doing over 70mph in a post 20 mph corner hit him. Larry's CJ-5 was no match for the Ford. Many months later he got out of the hospital, he has NO use of his right hand and must use a walker to get around.This alone was bad enough but a week after Larry's crash Doug get hit headon by this gal who turn left in front of him.Her Caddy was totaled as was Doug's 71 TYPE2 luckly Doug walked away with just a broken hand. Then the Old Guy at the beach John was walking to the market when a gal in a minivan tried to pass on the right, She hit John walking on the side of the road and KILLED him. This is why I posted the Photos to make people think about what CAN happen.Please do not speed, use common sense anything can happen when driving and the results can be Tragic. I have know TOO many friends who have been killed in car wrecks. Steve
[This message has been edited by stevestromberg (edited 06-29-2001).]
[This message has been edited by stevestromberg (edited 06-29-2001).]
- Bleyseng
- Posts: 994
- Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2000 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
I agree with you Steve that we should be responsible drivers and not speed. I don't think that we need to see bloody crash pictures on this forum. I see enough evidence of does happen when cars crash when I go to the junkyard!
Go fast at the track and at the Auto X!
Geoff
------------------
76 914 2.0L
Go fast at the track and at the Auto X!
Geoff
------------------
76 914 2.0L
-
Spyke
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2000 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Unless I miss my guess, you know absolutely nothing about the details of the crash. You have no idea who the people were, how they were involved, or if anything illegal led up to the event. Even if you DO know, you're not sharing it, and as the site isn't in English, many people here can't tell either.
That being said, using those pictures in an effort to make people stop speeding is a complete joke. The terms that come to my mind are irresponsible and sensationalism.
When I first saw the post, all you had was a title and the link. No other text. And you did this to teach people something?
I've been "into" sportbikes for over ten years now. I was HEAVILY into them for quite some time, they were all I thought of, all I spent my time and money on, and in that time I saw my share of carnage up close and personal. The fact that you'd publish a link like that in and of itself doesn't really bother me. The fact you would blindside people with it and then try to justify it as a lesson because you have friends that got killed is absurd. As I said, you've offered NO connection between ANYTHING, just a crashes red Ferrari and mangled bodies. No clue as to what led up to it, or what went wrong.
If you know the facts of the crash, post them. If you get off on the sensationalism of a crashed Ferrari and gruesome photos of corpses, then, well... I can't say 'cuz I'd like to keep things at a level I wouldn't mind my 11 year old nephew seeing.
Which is exactly what I would have hoped the moderator of this forum would have done. I guess I was wrong.
Maybe you think it's fine to use scare tactics on children to keep them from doing something. I think it's assinine. And yes, there are kids that see this stuff.
That being said, using those pictures in an effort to make people stop speeding is a complete joke. The terms that come to my mind are irresponsible and sensationalism.
When I first saw the post, all you had was a title and the link. No other text. And you did this to teach people something?
I've been "into" sportbikes for over ten years now. I was HEAVILY into them for quite some time, they were all I thought of, all I spent my time and money on, and in that time I saw my share of carnage up close and personal. The fact that you'd publish a link like that in and of itself doesn't really bother me. The fact you would blindside people with it and then try to justify it as a lesson because you have friends that got killed is absurd. As I said, you've offered NO connection between ANYTHING, just a crashes red Ferrari and mangled bodies. No clue as to what led up to it, or what went wrong.
If you know the facts of the crash, post them. If you get off on the sensationalism of a crashed Ferrari and gruesome photos of corpses, then, well... I can't say 'cuz I'd like to keep things at a level I wouldn't mind my 11 year old nephew seeing.
Which is exactly what I would have hoped the moderator of this forum would have done. I guess I was wrong.
Maybe you think it's fine to use scare tactics on children to keep them from doing something. I think it's assinine. And yes, there are kids that see this stuff.
- Rouser914S
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
A quick note: The poster of this topic and (ghastly) link IS the moderator of this forum.
Go figure, huh?
Go figure, huh?
- fastmatt1
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
I thought this was a website for VW enthusiasts. Am I wrong? If the moderator wants to post crap like this because he knows somebody who was killed in a car accident, maybe he shouldn't be moderator.
Either remove the post or step down as moderator and have somebody with a damn concience take over.
Steve, are you ill? Did you get your kicks out of that? Not cool, At all.
Matt
Either remove the post or step down as moderator and have somebody with a damn concience take over.
Steve, are you ill? Did you get your kicks out of that? Not cool, At all.
Matt
-
azkiwi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 1:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
Hello Steve,
I understand why people are upset at this post. When I first saw this link on the Rennlist, there was a warning to its graphic nature. These are disturbing pictures however I was aware of the warning prior to viewing them on the Rennlist forum. In fairness to those on this forum, would you please change the topic heading so it does not say "check this out" but rather give a warning to its disturbing/graphic nature.
Thanks
Alex
I understand why people are upset at this post. When I first saw this link on the Rennlist, there was a warning to its graphic nature. These are disturbing pictures however I was aware of the warning prior to viewing them on the Rennlist forum. In fairness to those on this forum, would you please change the topic heading so it does not say "check this out" but rather give a warning to its disturbing/graphic nature.
Thanks
Alex
-
bhenson10
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
It is a scary thing to have someone close to you in an accident. My own father was nearly killed in a headon wreck two years ago. To have it happen and share your grief and anger and warnings is one thing but to post a very tastless site as this is nothing but disrespect. I am offended.
---Brett
---Brett
-
stevestromberg
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
This is in response to the photos that were posted on the 911 forum which was the source that I got them from. Steve
jbripps
Member posted 06-30-2001 09:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KUDOS!!! to JDaniel for posting that link. I'm glad I got the chance to see it. I have always been a speed demon, but try to only let loose in an environment with no risk to anyone but myself (that risk even exists on the "safety" of a track). Sure, there are potholes, deer, and other potential obstacles, but I try to make sure I have a clear and smooth route before breaking 85 or so, and I do try to play it safe. For those of you who say they never push the pedal unless they are on the track.....please. Are you saying you never hit 80 or so in the passing lane? I simply don't believe it. In any event, the pictures posted had a strong impact on me. As a matter of fact, I forward it to many of my friends, and they feel the same. Granted, those guys were going way too fast, but in a targa, even at 50 MPH, something like that can happen. I must truly say, that I will throw caution to the wind less often, which in turn, makes the roads safer for everyone, especially me. Again, I'm not a daredevil, but do realize that ANYTHING can happen while behind the wheel. Those pictures are more effective than the editors realize. Additionally, their effectiveness definitely outweighs their offesiveness. Put them back up, as I'm very confident that if they slow me down, even now and then, they have the potential to save lives. Thank you.
jbripps
Member posted 06-30-2001 09:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KUDOS!!! to JDaniel for posting that link. I'm glad I got the chance to see it. I have always been a speed demon, but try to only let loose in an environment with no risk to anyone but myself (that risk even exists on the "safety" of a track). Sure, there are potholes, deer, and other potential obstacles, but I try to make sure I have a clear and smooth route before breaking 85 or so, and I do try to play it safe. For those of you who say they never push the pedal unless they are on the track.....please. Are you saying you never hit 80 or so in the passing lane? I simply don't believe it. In any event, the pictures posted had a strong impact on me. As a matter of fact, I forward it to many of my friends, and they feel the same. Granted, those guys were going way too fast, but in a targa, even at 50 MPH, something like that can happen. I must truly say, that I will throw caution to the wind less often, which in turn, makes the roads safer for everyone, especially me. Again, I'm not a daredevil, but do realize that ANYTHING can happen while behind the wheel. Those pictures are more effective than the editors realize. Additionally, their effectiveness definitely outweighs their offesiveness. Put them back up, as I'm very confident that if they slow me down, even now and then, they have the potential to save lives. Thank you.
-
stevestromberg
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:01 am
Like to go fast ? Check this out
The details are posted here read thur the postings to see them. Steve
http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate/Fo ... 10428.html
http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate/Fo ... 10428.html