You are bidding on a...
just kidding.
I'm selling my '73. I really want a diesel and sadly this will never be one.
WHAT IT'S GOT GOIN' FOR IT:
the body is in really good shape, minor surface rust only on the roof. the part under the windshield is solid as a rock.
Rebuilt (about 150 mi. on the motor.) 2.0L from a '79 w/ hydraulics. The heads are the 1.7's from the original motor. I took them to Pat Rutlage in San Antonio and he did valve guides, seats, replaced the springs (for the hydraulics). I got all new valves from the 1.8 they're big as hell! he cleaned em up real good replaced a few studs, I plugged up the stupid holes in the exauhst ports
I took the tranny to John Pierce and he looked it over cleaned it up and re-sealed it. I had him do the side gear seals and the nosecone bushing seal (the damn thing still leaks a little though) New throw-out bearing.
I re-packed the C.V.s and replaced the boots.
It has a Mallory Unilite with vac advance (WHOOOOHOOO!)
brand new BOSCH starter (makes it sound like a Nissan when its starting.)
I replaced all the shift bushings.
All vaccum lines are new.
CD player
MY girlfried made some curtains for it and re did the rear fold down bed/seat and the side seat. the front seats were re-done professionaly
Pioneer 6x9's in the door panels that my girlfried made (which are quite nice, I have to say I was a bit skeptical at first but they're nice)
Very good tires, only about 500 miles on all four.
WHAT KINDA SUCKS ABOUT IT:
it has an oil leak, I put the rear seal in backwards and had to take it out and flip it around so I probably screwed it up then Doh!
the carbs are pretty crappy, I've been searchin' for some webbers but what I've spent more time searching for is a diesel.
the shifting still kinda sucks, no Idea why.
the power brakes don't work.
the bus is red (but under the right lighting conditions its pink)
small leaks on some of the window seals.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY IT:
a whole nother motor (the 1.7 longblock w/o the heads.)
a never been used clutch/pressure plate for 2.0L/091 tranny. 228mm flywheel.
Brand new in the box windshield and seal (for when you paint it)
all new wheel bearings for all 4 wheels with grease seals.
Misc. stuff; headlights, camper stuff, the old starter, you know just stuff.
a good deal, I really just want to get rid of it. I'm asking $2000. Thanks for taking the time to read this big 'ol post.
FS: '73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
-
Robby
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
I'll try to get stinkbus to post some pics of it.
-
Robby
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
I forgot to mention it has a web cam.
- powerzen
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
got any pics yet? how many windows? irs right?
-
Robby
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
8 windows, I think... the two side windows are the horizontal slant open crank windows. I've got the screens but I took 'em off cause they rattle. and the cranks are kind of worn down (I guess someone used vice grips on 'em)
IRS? you mean the CVs? Yeah, I repacked the cvs and replaced the boots. I did notices on a few of the balls there were some pits and stuff but nothing serious. The cage rotated rather freely when I had it apart.
I took them off and soaked them for sevral days a piece in biodiesel. What a great solvent.
The main problems, like I said, are the brakes and the carbs. (the shifting too, if that sort of thing bothers you.)
IRS? you mean the CVs? Yeah, I repacked the cvs and replaced the boots. I did notices on a few of the balls there were some pits and stuff but nothing serious. The cage rotated rather freely when I had it apart.
I took them off and soaked them for sevral days a piece in biodiesel. What a great solvent.
The main problems, like I said, are the brakes and the carbs. (the shifting too, if that sort of thing bothers you.)
-
stinkbus
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
This bastard runs like hell. I think he should keep it but that's just me. I'll come out sometime this next week and snap some photos for ya. I think I have one on mny hard-drive but I'm not sure. $2000????You've got that in the motor...
-
Robby
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
runs like hell????? whats that supposed to mean? Why don't you come out on Thurs.
-
stinkbus
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
By runs like hell I mean it runs bad ass.I cant come out thursday...gotta work
-
Robby
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
why don't you "stab up" some pics of the sexy sexy motor. I know you've got some of the finished longblock sittin on that keg lookin all sexy.
RIDE THE SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
RIDE THE SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
-
stinkbus
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:01 am
FS: \'73 bus w/ rebuilt 2.0L and Mallory.
LMAO!! Why dont you ride the snake down here so I can take some pics of it???