Rim Off Set/Brakes

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
JB181

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by JB181 »

What is a good rim offset for centerlines? I plan on using 15X7 in the rear and 15X31/2 in the front. I was also told you can use ghia front disc brake setup on a thing is this true?

Thanks
Jesse
Bob Ingman

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by Bob Ingman »

Jesse yes you can use Ghia disc on the Thing. Also you`ll need the Ghia brake lines. They`re a little longer.
I think for the money you should check out So Cal Imports front and rear disc brake kits. They are bolt on and everything is included. With 3 1/2" front rims offset is not going to be a problem. For the rear try to have as stay to neutral as possible. In other words the center is centered just as a stock rim.Good luck. Bob Ingman

[This message has been edited by Bob Ingman (edited 11-16-2002).]
Mattt

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by Mattt »

>>If you can find a 67 you will remain wide >>five and need no adapters.

Huh....no way. If that was the case wouldnt everyone have discussed this previously on all the Thing lists?

Every Ghia I have ever seen was 4 lug. 4 lug Ghia can be used on a Thing w/ bracket from Things Unlimited, 4-5 adapter, 3/8" spacer between adapter and hub/disc.
JB181

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by JB181 »

I looked at the disc brake kit, and that seems the way to go. Do you know of anybody who has them and what do they think of them. There is a set for the rear on ebay starting at 180.00 seem a bit high to me when you can buy it for $249.00. My floor pans were suppose to be here today but they are a no show maybe tomorrow.
Mattt

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by Mattt »

Bob, can you guide me to some pics of this 67 Ghia front end with wide 5 disc brakes? I would love to take a look at it. Thanks.

Matt
Bob Ingman

Rim Off Set/Brakes

Post by Bob Ingman »

Matt, I stand corrected. The 67 Ghia is a 4 bolt pattern. Sorry for giving the misinformation. Thankfully there was someone around sharp enough to catch it and have it corrected. Good luck. Bob Ingman