engine tin ?

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
eviloval57
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

engine tin ?

Post by eviloval57 »

Hi I got a 56 bug and the sheet metal in the engine bay has been cut out its the parts that are next and behind the engine the part the seal goes in.If I put a 1600dp with engine tin in will it overheat.Thanks
User avatar
Glenn
Posts: 5108
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Glenn »

I'd replace it.
eviloval57
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by eviloval57 »

I dont want to fix it now but drive it till a latter date plus I have to get the parts used and I want drive it now.
racelook
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:28 pm

Post by racelook »

Reclape it...

THere can be a change of overheating... I woudend risk it.

Greetings Wiebrand
User avatar
Rescue912
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:00 am

Post by Rescue912 »

It will overheat. If you don't have the time or cash to replace it at least scab something together to seal it up. Make a cardboard template, transfer to some sheet metal and start cutting.

I agree that replacing it is still the best option though. You can get rear aprons pretty reasonably (well, somtimes anywho) and some aftermarket removable ones that are pretty spiffy for a bit more.
Post Reply