Page 1 of 1
Oettinger 2.5l Wasserboxer
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:25 am
by Danborn
I just got a original Oettinger 2.5l Wasserboxer built on a DJ case, but I don?t have any data/info on the engine other than it has 82mm crank and 98mm Barrels and pistons, so I?m looking for some info on the engine like comp, hp, and so on?I have been surfing the net like crazy and found nothing!!. It?s taken apart but I have all the bits and pieces
So I would appreciate all the input I could get!
And yes, it is an Okrasa crank!!
Thanks, Jesper

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
by marcotheturbosteamengine
hi there ok the compresion is 9.7-1 the hp is around 140bhpDIN(stock 2.1dj is 112bhpDIN).
where the barrals go in the case this would of been made bigger
are the heads ottenger??? do they have bigger valves(stock is 34mm/40mm)???
good luck finding head gaskets!!!!
look after that crank its the best there is(made in the same factory as porsche/berg!!!!)
good luck....
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:21 am
by Danborn
Hi Marcos
And thanks for the info, The heads are Oettinger aswell! Portet but stock valves size 40mm 34mm.
I got it all for 160£ lucky me, with new head gasket 98mm, piston rings and O-rings all new in box from Oettinger werk!!!? The crank is in nice condition, the rest of the motor is fine in order aswell..
The injection (Digijet ) looks stock, The distributor is a oettinger only, it has a modified anvance curve but I don?t know how much.
I was just compleating my other wbx project with Megasquirt EFI (Audi A4 TB, injectors, sensors, Porsche fuel pump ) when I stumblede over this juvel. I?m looking forward too fit it into my 55 Oval???

I'll post more pics and info as the project comes along....
Jesper
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:50 am
by Vgonman
Please find me one! Maybe even that 6cylinder they made to fit the vanagon.
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:04 am
by Jim Andritsakos
Nice to see you here Jesper!
We have talk about a year ago to fit a wbx in my oval ?
Your latest find seems very cool !
I also have a huge parts bin for wbx if you need something ;
You can e-mail me some pics (if you have!) from the wbx with the a4 efi ??? my e-mail is
[email protected]
Rgds,
Jim

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:38 pm
by Guest
i would like some info on the 6 cylinder oettinger engine, sounds crazy
Oettinger 6
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:59 pm
by syncro
Here's the link for an Oettinger 6 Doka that was on Ebay a few weeks back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 52232&rd=1
Looked an interesting machine, but God help you if the motor needed an overhaul.
ottenger
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:50 pm
by germman
just butting in ..i dont know much about this engine ,but i do know, this the last one i saw was fitted to a vannagon in the uk ..this engine is much prized and was fitted to european vannagons and from what i hear they go for silly money and i am talking £10000s , i saw one in a box in bits and the guy said he paid £12000 for it ....there are some sites for this engine but i dont know the names ,try club 80-90 forum and post there as i know some people on that forum will know about this engine and may b able to help .....good luck you lucky ******* !!! germman
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:58 am
by Beherenow.tk
mmh, i've talked to jesper a few times about his wbx adventurous, quite impressive. i'm still trying to find a 2.1 DJ in this country...
i don't wanna play smart, but he is danish, not german
