Three rotor eccentric shaft

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
effvee
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2001 12:01 am

Three rotor eccentric shaft

Post by effvee »

Hi everyone, since the rotors and other related part for a three rotor are the same except for the through bolts. How much is a three rotor eccentric shaft? where can I buy one? Also I'm told there is a company in ElMonte that sells billit rotors, does anyone have more infor on the company? :shock:
Spankee
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:54 pm

Post by Spankee »

These guys might help
Pineapple Racing
Mazdatrix
rotary-z

Post by rotary-z »

One of the intermediate plates is unique as well. Why do you want 3 rotors? You can make enough reliable hp with 2 rotors to shat yourself everyday! Throw an HKS T51R KIA Turbo on an FD motor, throw on the 1600cc/850cc injectors, computer, set the boost at 15lbs and hold on to your ass with close to 500hp! This is without opening the motor at all!
porsche_914_freak
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:01 am

Post by porsche_914_freak »

not to mention you will need expensive 3 rotor exhaust header, 3 rotor intake manifold, 3 rotor fuel fail, probably a bunch of 3 rotor OTHER stuff as well that i am forgetting. i dont believe 3 rotor has an available carby intake, so your probably stuck using the $$$ fuel rail and a pretty advanced fuel injection computer. (cis aint gonna cut it). what fuel injection can handle a 3rotor? not typical megasquirt i dont think.
prbably somthing like a haltech. $$$ the main point im making is that its going to cost $$$$.....

throw a 13B in there with a port job you can do yourself at home (its easy) a nice weber , good tubular exhaust header, and you can be approaching 200hp for a grand depending on how much work u do yourself and what the local junkyard charges. a grand would be the cost for a stingy person. i think more like 1500 is acceptable cost for a real nice conversion.
effvee
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2001 12:01 am

three rotor

Post by effvee »

:? thank you very much, it just something about saying three rotor. Also I'm told around 500 horses, my main problem is not enough information on the subject of three rotors. I have seen a site from Japan which was very impresive, but no way to contact. I friend said to start with the eccentric shaft, also K Watanbe said they could get one for not to much.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Well you are probably looking at $4500 for a complete 3 rotor engine from Japan. If that is what you really want to do. they come with 280hp stock, so If you want 500hp you are going to have to get a turbo, injectors, and computer anyway. You can get a 13bt (FD) for under $2000 and that has 255hp stock. For 500hp you are going to need...a turbo, injectors, and computer! The 20B (3-rotor) will probably make 500 on pump gas where the 13b will be on race gas unless tuned perfectly.

While you are at it, stick a 26b or 4-rotor in your car. There is a guy on http://www.rx7club.com that has one running 23lbs of boost with pump gas putting out 925+hp to the Wheels!! (in street trim).

If you are willing to settle for a little less power, the stock turbos on the FD 13bTT will support over 400hp. Then the only thing you would need is the computer and injectors. Then your machine will be relitively inexpensive.
capsoval
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:01 am

Post by capsoval »

3-rotors won't fit if your rear mounting.
My Turbo Build>> http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 9&t=122882
480whp/300wtq>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RvkpiTmr4
Special Thanks to 55superbeetle, Jeff @ 40Thirteen fabrication
capsoval
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:01 am

Post by capsoval »

I could very well be wrong but 3-rotors only come twin turbo and are oe in the Cosmo. If your planning on running one NA your going to need a stand alone.
My Turbo Build>> http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 9&t=122882
480whp/300wtq>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RvkpiTmr4
Special Thanks to 55superbeetle, Jeff @ 40Thirteen fabrication
effvee1

three rotor

Post by effvee1 »

:) I had a 2332 type I, and even with the 914(type VI) fan the engine still ran hot this past summer. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and it did reach 104 degrees. As long as I was driving no problems, but as soon as I exited the freeway "on comes the oil light" and some pinging when I would take off. I put some 3,000.00 into that engine, so I need to find something that has a water system. I will modify my rear bulk head and move the trans some six inch forward. I'm told the three rotor is 26 inchs long, and with a IRS trans I can get a special CV joint for the angles. Either of whith I do want a water cooled engine with great power to jusity the mods.
Post Reply