2.3L Ford.......

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
philthy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:28 am

2.3L Ford.......

Post by philthy »

IN a 68 Fasty do you guys think it would fit without any cutting?

thanx,

Phil
User avatar
miller
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:01 am

Post by miller »

Thats a tough question. I had to cut the rear engine bay of my ghia. My opinion is if you dont want to cut sheetmetal of your vw then an engine conversion isnt for you. Somewhere your gonna have to sut some sheetmetal.
philthy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:28 am

Post by philthy »

I dont mind cutting at all in fact I kinda like (see vloksrods.com :lol: ) waht I meant was the overall height of a 2.3 Ford engine..


Thanx for the Reply....
Guest

Post by Guest »

Oh well From what ive seen its actually shorter than a vw engine. And when I say shorter than a vw engine I mean a vw engine with full cooling tin. Im not sure if the vw engine in your car has the same cooling tin as a beetle or ghia. Anyway here is my cardomain site and on the second page it has some pics of a bare block in my ghia., It might give you some clue about how tall the 2.3 is. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/376326/2
Post Reply