Sealing/coating inside of frame tunnel???

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
User avatar
BOYGENIUS
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm

Sealing/coating inside of frame tunnel???

Post by BOYGENIUS »

I have stripped and painted my chassis with POR-15 and was wondering what to do about the inside of the frame tunnel. I wanted to tape off all the holes in the frame tunnel and pour a paint / sealer into the tunnel and roll the chassis over to coat the whole inside of my tunnel. What should I use. I was thinking some truck bed liner or some undercoating substance. What does everybody think..

Thanks.
Brendan...
Guest

Post by Guest »

I used this stuff called black oil. It comes in a spray can and is used on open gears and chain drives on large farm equipment. An oldtimer told me about it. The can says you can use as a rust inhibiter. It sprays kinda like an undercoat but its greasy and it flows well. To do my tunnel I just took the cover plates,shifter,pedals and e-brake handle off and used the tube that comes with the can to direct the spray. My tunnel only had surface rust on the bottom so thats all I covered and about 2" up the sides. The stuff covers well by bubbling and expanding and then setteling down to a sticky tenacious goo that dries and hardens to a waxy greasy hard to scratch seal.
Post Reply