I've been unable to find a lot of info on the subject with searches because they have been riddled with information about the New Beetle TDI engines. I haven't been able to find an old Beetle with a diesel engine, so I'm assuming that there are only gas engine Beetles in the US and I will need to swap it with a diesel engine.
1. Is this a difficult thing to do?
2. Which diesel engine would be the best choice?
3. What year range would be the best to look for (for the car)?
I have found a bit of information, and it seems that the engine mounts are compatible with nearly all VW engines, even up to present. Is this true? If so, could I perhaps get a diesel engine from a Rabbit and use it?
Sorry if my questions seem dumb, that is why I'm posting in the Newbies forum though.

