Page 1 of 1
engine case
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:06 pm
by patha
What size bore and case do I need to start building a 1914cc engine? Any recommendations on what kind and where to get one?
thanks
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:36 pm
by PugBug
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:37 pm
by patha
I also need to know if I should have it tapped for full flow or not? Also, what combinations are there to have a total displacement of 1914cc? What are the 2 bore options I have when I order my case?
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:35 pm
by Guest
well for a 1914cc, you would need 94mm p/c's and a stock stroke 69mm crankshaft.
So you would need to have your case bored for 94mm.
I would recomend Rimco in cali to do all your case work (
www.rimcovw.com)
Its almost a must to have your case drilled and taped for full fow if you want it to last longer as the stock system dosent incorperate a oil filter, only a strainer. Rimco can do all this aswell.
Try to get all your case work done at the same time and place to save on shipping, it might be wise to have your case line bored if its used and has a lot of miles on it... but have it checked out to see it needs it or how many time it has been done in the past.