Lifter testing; Stage II complete
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:09 pm
Okay guys.. Here are some pics of the lifters after 15 hours of single spring tension. This is with ZERO break in. Just fire up and idle at 800 RPM.
The billet lifters are pictured in this post and they had maybe one ten thousandth of wear so far. They have lost .0005 in radius in my measurements. I could not get good straight onpics due to the shininess of the lifter. The pics show a wear pattern that is not present measureable or visibly with the naked eye. The pattern is made by the camera's flash.. Next we will be running with 3 more tensions of dual springs, ending up right around 350 lbs over the nose tension. Everty 5 hours it will come back down again, and we'll take more pics and measure each lifter and log the differences. Charles and I will make a spreadhseet to show the wear from start to finish and post it when I'm done. Look below for more captions. So far these billet lifters show that the manufacturer knows their stuff, but the dual springs really tell the tale!
Billet Pro-Extreme Lifters







The billet lifters are pictured in this post and they had maybe one ten thousandth of wear so far. They have lost .0005 in radius in my measurements. I could not get good straight onpics due to the shininess of the lifter. The pics show a wear pattern that is not present measureable or visibly with the naked eye. The pattern is made by the camera's flash.. Next we will be running with 3 more tensions of dual springs, ending up right around 350 lbs over the nose tension. Everty 5 hours it will come back down again, and we'll take more pics and measure each lifter and log the differences. Charles and I will make a spreadhseet to show the wear from start to finish and post it when I'm done. Look below for more captions. So far these billet lifters show that the manufacturer knows their stuff, but the dual springs really tell the tale!
Billet Pro-Extreme Lifters















[/url]


