Page 1 of 5
The 12:1 Beast lives! Just fired it!
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:58 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Whoohoo!
This baby sounds pissed!
Just heard her breathe for the first time a few minutes ago... No leaks, cam is broken in, runs smooth but definately is the definition of "Bump it up and hear it thump"!!!
I'll start pulling on it tomorrow, and as long as I don't scatter it the guys coming up on Sunday will get an eye, and an ear full of mega HP!
This is also the final dyno test for the type I DTM with our improvements.. Six months of development work finally got us even temps in the test car, lets see what they do on the dyno.....
Tomorrow is gonna be sweet!
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:10 pm
by sparkmaster1
COOL...
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:13 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
We'll see just how cool when I drop the hammer on it!
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:30 pm
by EASY RIDER

good for you

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:33 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Easy rider, coming up on Sunday???
You could come brag about your engine...LOL
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:51 am
by 70dragbug
Sounds like a good chance to get a dyno run on video and share it here on STF

beast!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:53 am
by hedfurst
Dude, RAT ROCKS!!!
hedfurst
Re: The 12:1 Beast lives! Just fired it!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:56 am
by Guest
Jake, We knew it would be wicked!!! Give me a call after you put the Hammer down!
Re: The 12:1 Beast lives! Just fired it!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:57 am
by DRD
Anonymous wrote:Jake, We knew it would be wicked!!! Give me a call after you put the Hammer down!
opps, didn't log in..
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:26 am
by sparkmaster1
Yeah, I'd like to see what kind of #'s that monster is going to turn out too. I don't think Jake ever sleeps. It would be tough to do with all that cutting edge R&D stuff going on around his shop. Firing up new motors is a natural adrenaline rush for me.

Tim
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:49 am
by DRD
sparkmaster1 wrote:Yeah, I'd like to see what kind of #'s that monster is going to turn out too. I don't think Jake ever sleeps. It would be tough to do with all that cutting edge R&D stuff going on around his shop. Firing up new motors is a natural adrenaline rush for me.

Tim
Tim, he dosen't sleep much, I could call him any night at mid night, and he's still running full throttle. I think I am more excited than him right now, this will be a no BS test on a SS engine set up right.
Honestly, Jake, John and myself we be let down if it pulls less than 220hp.
We all know it will make 30 more hp than last time at 10.00 compression with flat tops.
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:05 am
by NO_H2O
Cool,,,I would like to hear that one.
Is it going to be in the Blue bug at Taccoa? If so I want a ride

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:40 am
by DudeAndHisBus
NO_H2O wrote:Is it going to be in the Blue bug at Taccoa? If so I want a ride

Ditto!

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:23 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Yeah, it'll be in Blue at Toccoa unless I destroy it first...(thats a real possibility)
I plan on putting about 5K miles on it in the Bug and taking it to Commerce a few Friday nights and see what it has. I'm gonna leave the taller geared trans in for cruising so the times won't be great unless I can turn it 8K in 3rd
Okay, as soon as I get the paperwork out of the way I'll drop the hammer and let you guys know how it does...
Then next week we'll swap the Nickies to Cast iron cylinders and run her again for temps and HP! That should be a nice test!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:44 am
by sparkmaster1
Paperwork??? What are typing this in the bathroom?

Tim
