Page 1 of 3
Type I DTM- It's Perfected!!!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:40 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
You got it!!!
All 4 cylinders within 15 degrees of each other at WOT @ 4800 RPM for 40 minutes!!
Heads run around 300 most of the time... In our last series of tests in January the split of the cylinders was over 100 degrees!! A little playing around got these results today...
October 1, here we come!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:02 pm
by speedy57tub
Alright Jake, man I knew you could do it!

Did it take what we discussed months ago to get it balanced?

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:05 pm
by Frozen Goat
Congrats Jake!!!
We all know you've been working long and hard on these things and after seeing your post on givin' up on em if you didn't get the desired result this time this is a breath of fresh air.
I'm sure you won't be able to produce em' fast enough to keep up with demand...
DTM
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:04 pm
by hedfurst
Awesome dude, this is a momentous occasion! I'm very excited for you (and for me

). I've been thinking about it, I need the nickies man!! Can't wait to hear more about the performance characteristics. Wish I could come Sunday, I would do it if I weren't stuck on call this weekend.
Hammer on bro!!!
Fred
PS The coupe is free of the mold!!
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:52 pm
by NO_H2O
Glad to hear it. Mine are very close between #1 and #3. The bigest difference I have seen is 30 deg. at 3400ish.
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:19 pm
by mharney
Killer! Send me a set of final vanes!

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:00 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Mharney... Lets try yours as it is and then we'll send you some airfoils.. I think that yours may do just as well the way it is!
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:07 pm
by Advokat
So, how much are these bad boys going to cost?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:47 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Look in the news section of the website... Then follow the link to the DTM page..
That is the introducory price and may be adjusted after we start filling orders.... If anything the price will go up.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:01 pm
by mharney
Kewl. I am going to run CHTs on both sides anyway.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:53 pm
by EASY RIDER
Mark are you going to use a WESTACH gauge with dual EGT/Head temp?
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:03 am
by mharney
I have a couple of VDO CHT gauges, one on my stand and one in the car, so I will probably just use those on the stand, but I'd love to have a westach setup with the dual display - I might just do that instead if I can get one in time to run it in. Of course the real test will be running it in the car where I can put a load on it.
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:57 pm
by 69bajakid
So how do i sign up to get my hands on one of the T1 DTMs?
are they not forsale at the moment?..sorry if its a stupid question..just been outa town for the past week..have not been keeping up with the times..
i really would like to get my hands on one asap.
thanx
Cale
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:53 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I have one test shroud left for 350.00, but you have to have dual CHT, and some instruments and agree to give me data..
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:49 pm
by onesickvw
Does the shroud come with a T4 oil cooler?