Anybody drag raced their conversion? what did it run?
type of engine, ET, MPH?
Anybody drag raced their conversion? what did it run?
- Bugzlife
- Posts: 2597
- Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:01 am
-
Guest
"so how are these Subaru boxers on power? they have 4 valve per cylinder right?"
Yes, most subu engines do have 16 valves. I'm currently doing a subaru Legacy turbo (ej22t) swap. These motors produced 160 hp and 180 ft.lbs. stock. Give me another month and I will be able to tell you what kind of times she will run. The ej22 N/A swap is a little more commen, they produce 130 hp stock. And then there is the crazy wrx (ej20t) swap that produces 227 stock. These are all great motors, but one thing to keep in mind when considering this swap is that the oil pan is pretty low so you would have to come up with a way to get around this.
~Josh
Yes, most subu engines do have 16 valves. I'm currently doing a subaru Legacy turbo (ej22t) swap. These motors produced 160 hp and 180 ft.lbs. stock. Give me another month and I will be able to tell you what kind of times she will run. The ej22 N/A swap is a little more commen, they produce 130 hp stock. And then there is the crazy wrx (ej20t) swap that produces 227 stock. These are all great motors, but one thing to keep in mind when considering this swap is that the oil pan is pretty low so you would have to come up with a way to get around this.
~Josh
-
Baja Wes
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:01 am
I haven't taken down the strip yet, but have timed it with a G-tech meter.
0-60mph was low 6 seconds
1/4 mile was mid to high 14 seconds.
Four problems. 1 - The baja has very very bad aerodynamics. 2 - The Baja is quite heavy, there's heaps of stuff on it and a full interior big stereo etc etc. 3 - It's not geared for drag racing. 4 - It's an offroader!
Rueb owns the VWRX EJ20T powered black chop top. The previous owner ran a 12.7 down the quarter with engine problems. It wasn't holding boost and really wasn't making much power over 3,500rpm from memory. I'm sure Reub will have another crack at it once the car is rebuilt. http://www.offroadvw.net/vwrx/
I've seen a 12A turbo buggy run low 12's.
There's another guy in Australia with a EJ20T in a notchback and it runs high 12's / low 13 with traction issues. And it gets 45mpg
http://www.noh2o.org/content/members/Choppa/Choppa.htm
0-60mph was low 6 seconds
1/4 mile was mid to high 14 seconds.
Four problems. 1 - The baja has very very bad aerodynamics. 2 - The Baja is quite heavy, there's heaps of stuff on it and a full interior big stereo etc etc. 3 - It's not geared for drag racing. 4 - It's an offroader!
Rueb owns the VWRX EJ20T powered black chop top. The previous owner ran a 12.7 down the quarter with engine problems. It wasn't holding boost and really wasn't making much power over 3,500rpm from memory. I'm sure Reub will have another crack at it once the car is rebuilt. http://www.offroadvw.net/vwrx/
I've seen a 12A turbo buggy run low 12's.
There's another guy in Australia with a EJ20T in a notchback and it runs high 12's / low 13 with traction issues. And it gets 45mpg
http://www.noh2o.org/content/members/Choppa/Choppa.htm