Shop Size Air Compressor
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:36 pm
I'm considering installing a "killer" compressor in my shop and running line drops around the room. I've been looking at the 7 1/2 hp, 80 gallon, 175 psi, vertical models - a professional level unit. (I figure it'll go a long way toward making me a pro - yea, sure).
Any suggestions? Brand, style, type? How to save some part of the small fortune they want for one of these things? How to set up the drop system? Have you seen the ads on TV for the plastic system that just snaps together? I expect to run 50-75 ft. of overhead to run the drops from. Comments on noise level and maintenance required would be interesting.
There used to be a guy on Ebay (Ohio maybe?) who claimed to build compressors that were "really the correct hp" and "really the correct pressure and rating" and "really the greatest thing since sliced tomatos". I can't find the ads anymore. Anybody got a clue as to where he went? Coleman bought him out to shut him up?
All comments appreciated. Well, most comments appreciated anyway.
doc
Any suggestions? Brand, style, type? How to save some part of the small fortune they want for one of these things? How to set up the drop system? Have you seen the ads on TV for the plastic system that just snaps together? I expect to run 50-75 ft. of overhead to run the drops from. Comments on noise level and maintenance required would be interesting.
There used to be a guy on Ebay (Ohio maybe?) who claimed to build compressors that were "really the correct hp" and "really the correct pressure and rating" and "really the greatest thing since sliced tomatos". I can't find the ads anymore. Anybody got a clue as to where he went? Coleman bought him out to shut him up?
All comments appreciated. Well, most comments appreciated anyway.
doc