I buddy from another forum is planning a VolksRod using a Rabbit engine, front mounted inline with a standard rear wheel drive rear end and a traditional drive shaft hooking it all together. Does anyone know if there's a trans (4, 5, or 6 speed) which mounts in the basic front to back configuration and bolts to the rabbit engine. Or of an adapter which will do the trick. Kennedy has "kits" but they don't really offer an off-the-shelf item. He's looking to go more of the junkyard mix and match parts road with possible an adapter plate to connect it all together.
Any help?
Thanks,
TC
inline trans that fits rabbit motor
- Drbugfixer
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:50 pm
TC, This swap has been done before, In 1980 a guy by the name of
John Kilgore offered a kit using a Vega flywheel,clutch,bellhousing and his
adapter plate and crank hub adapter. There was an article in the May
1980 issue of Popular Hot Rodding. It worked with both stick or auto
trans. Kilgore is still in business, He makes some of the best TH400 racing
parts around. http://kilgoretrans.com/ I doubt he still has any kits left,
but he may have the blueprints still, never hurts to ask. I have copy of
the mag, I'll try to get someone to scan it so I can post it here and on
the "other" forum.
John Kilgore offered a kit using a Vega flywheel,clutch,bellhousing and his
adapter plate and crank hub adapter. There was an article in the May
1980 issue of Popular Hot Rodding. It worked with both stick or auto
trans. Kilgore is still in business, He makes some of the best TH400 racing
parts around. http://kilgoretrans.com/ I doubt he still has any kits left,
but he may have the blueprints still, never hurts to ask. I have copy of
the mag, I'll try to get someone to scan it so I can post it here and on
the "other" forum.
Last edited by Drbugfixer on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Piledriver
- Moderator
- Posts: 22879
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am
Too bad a modified bus automatic is out of the question.
(flipped diff section)
Sounds like it wouldn't be long enough.
(did they make an Automatic Dasher/Fox?)
Is the target in love with a live axle?
(flipped diff section)
Sounds like it wouldn't be long enough.
(did they make an Automatic Dasher/Fox?)
Is the target in love with a live axle?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
- Drbugfixer
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:50 pm
- Piledriver
- Moderator
- Posts: 22879
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am
- Piledriver
- Moderator
- Posts: 22879
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am
-
pcguybobman


