Page 1 of 4

EXHAUST SYSTEM TESTING- DONE!

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:07 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I'm 100% finished!

The only header that I didn't get to test was the 1-3/4 Tangerine system and that was due to running out of dyno time..

The results are all in!

3 systems are very close in performance!........... BUT The loser was a clear loser!

This engine was a powerful monster, I plan tests on a 2056 as soon as we build one as well as a 1911 that Brent is building for himself in a few months.. There may be alot of questions, many of them have no answer but on this engine, which is my main emphesis- The A-1 did very well and well enough to get my stamp of approval.

Hell, come to think of it- This is the VERY FIRST product I have ever helped design that didn't need a "Version 2" to make the grade... The TI DTM needed 8 different versions! nickies needed a couple- so on, etc...

The A-1 is one of them! We plan on posting graphs tomorrow!

Thanks to all who helped me get this system built! Thanks to No H20 for a solid day of bust ass work helping me do the dirty work as well!

I will make a post tomorrow with the prices for the A-1 system. I have an obligation to Tiger for 20 systems and I'm just waiting on an email from him on the price of the mufflers before I can make it public and take down names.. The first 20 guys on that list are guaranteed one of the systems- you can pay me for it on Feb 1.....

Tiger says that a wait of 4 weeks on the 20 systems is realistic :-)

WHOOHOO!

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:56 pm
by Plastermaster
Great job Jake. Thanks for all the effort!

Maybe next time on the tangerine... Really the tangerine is in a class all by itself, especially the 1 3/4" Wern't all the otheres 1 5/8?. Aside from cost and the artwork factor it is the only one of the bunch that can work with the 914 right? (reguardless of size)

Ron

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:14 pm
by tuna
This is great news for the Type 4 community!

I'm really excited to hear how well this header did. I was surprised that it did as well as it did, as it had some serious competition from the Tangerine Super Header and the BAS header.

I'd like to thank the following for making this header a reality:

* Brian "Frozen Goat" Smith for getting the ball running and getting Tiger interested in doing this endeavor.

* Jake for fronting the money and testing it on the RAT dyno.

* Doug "cmitchelli" Stewart for being generous enough to use his longblock at the guinea pig for fitment at Tiger's shop.

* Tiger for his expertise and attention to detail. He also put up with my weekly phone calls.

So you can see this exhaust was the labor of love for many people. I know I'm looking forward to getting one of the A-1 headers with a 2.5" Magnaflow for my Type 4.

So thanks to all!

Tuna

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:18 pm
by Class 11 streeter
Tuna.......you are ever the humble supporting role.........thanks to you for being the glue that holds all these characters together! :lol:

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:55 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Monte, That was an awesome compliment- Its true!

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:33 am
by samcat
:D

Congrats Jake,

Cant wait to see the graphs :)

Thanks again,
Sam C

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:58 am
by Bugzlife
Hi Jake I went to the sight, when will the results, or where are the results posted? thanks

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:03 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I'll let you know...

Got lots going on this morning!

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 pm
by DudeAndHisBus
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:I'll let you know...

Got lots going on this morning!
Pfft, you act like you run a business or something, oh wait... nevermind... :lol:

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:32 pm
by Guest
I've posted all the dyno pull results and some pics. Here you go guys!

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/r_d_exhaust.htm

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:23 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thanks Charles!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:33 pm
by Plastermaster
It looks like the 3"magnaflow has a little more overall and a smoother curve compared to the 2.5. IIRC the 2.5 was said to do better. Are the 2 charts reversed? Not to cause trouble or anything, just checking.

I like the way the charts are stacked in perfect alignment. I can hold the curser at any RPM and scroll from one chart to the other to comapare. :)

Ron

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:35 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Actually, Charles made a goof!

He swapped the text from the 2.5" to the 3" and vice versa... Keeping all that straight is a nightmare!

The 2.5" Magnaflow performed best!

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:38 pm
by Guest
Hi Jake,

just wanted to find out if this system would be suitable for larger engines i.e 2700?
also what diameter muffler would be best for larger engines, the 2.5" or 3"?

appreciate your help

Cheers

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:40 pm
by Flintstones
That was me above, forgot to log in
Cheers