Page 1 of 1

ARP ROD BOLTS

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:41 am
by Ram
any one knows whats the torqe on ARP 2.0 ROD BOLTS???

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:40 pm
by Frallan
Sorry for kind of hijacking your post but I have the same question for ARP rod bolts for 914 that I have just ordered from Summit.
Is the torque not supplied with the bolts?
If not, I will have the same question soon.

Apart from that I can say that I just found out that Steve Stromberg at TIV parts sells ARP wave lock bolts at 90 bucks a set.
That is a better bolt than the normal and usual one that most of us have (if we buy the listed ARP bolt for 914/TIV) and at a much better price.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:59 pm
by Ram
yeah I know I bought mine from him... :wink:

I got a replay from him , he says I should torqe them to 45foot lbs.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:43 pm
by Piledriver
Mine came with a little sheet in the package that listed the specs, also had the specified moly grease.

Also IIRC Wave locs aren't reusable...So they sell them for less, or no one would buy them.

Edit: I may be TOTALLY wrong on the above statement.
My memory says they used to recommend them as single use bolts, and it was clear in their catalog.

This is no longer (if it ever was...) the case.

I am curious what waveloc bolts he supplies, and their app. I'd rather buy the ARP2000 versions or ARP2000-pro if available.

They don't list ANY Wavelocs for T1s OR T4s. Something else must fit...

The info is also on the ARP website.

http://www.arp-bolts.com/pages/catalog/catalog.html

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:54 pm
by Frallan
Hello Piledriver,
Yeahh that was my point that they must listed as something else.
If they are not re-usabel or not is quite important to know and i guess you really got a point there about pricing.
Thanks for the tip.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:47 am
by Type4parts
They are reuseable as Pliedriver edited in his post.
As long as they are within the stretch limits.
If you prefer the other bolts I will add the today.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:02 am
by Type4parts
I just spoke with ARP and the WAVLOC PRO is the Strongest bolt therefore it is the only bolt I will sell.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:02 am
by BigOlJohnson
You have spammed every forum on this website except for
Aircooled Technology.

...why haven't you posted over there?

BOJ

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:06 am
by Type4parts
Johnson here is my # if you have a problem feel free to call me.949-650-7366 .
I am here now if you would like to speak with me.
Answering questions is not spaming but give me a call or send me your phone # thru email and I will call you on my dime.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:15 am
by BigOlJohnson
JUST FYI......

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=81989

The last post of the topic:

calipornya wrote:
Dave_Darling wrote:
rustbucket wrote:BTW I was top saleman at Pelican parts ...
Umm, I think one or two of the guys would have something to say about that.... (Paging STF member Calipornia! STF member Calipornia, white courtesy phone please! ;) )

--DD
Did someone page my obnoxious ass?!?! This guy is a turd. He has been fired from Otto's for being lazy, and we have it on good authority (witnesses) that he doesn't mind selling stuff that isn't his to sell, on days he isn't even supposed to be at the shop.

Also, he was on his way out at Pelican, because he can't send out the right parts, and had twice the return ratio of any other sales rep. That was my doing, as head of quality control.

Before I found out what a turd he was, I traded him my blown up 914, which was a POS, for his POS 69' Bug. Part of the aggreement was tat I got to keep my Fuchs, seats, and stereo, and he would put front brakes on the bug at his expense. So we did the trade, and about a month or 2 later, Eli (Pelican Parts GM) comes to me about an unpaid invoice for front brakes for my car.

This wingnut had cancelled out the invoice in his name, and transferred the parts to an invoice in my name. Can you spell turd? S-T-R-O-M-B-E-R-G!!!

Then, last week, when he started making accusations about Otto not doing the work he charges for over on Pelican, I called him out about selling the clutch kit on a Sunday through the fence for cash, and he then threatened me via PM.

Well bring it on big boy, cause you ain't got S**t for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some folks don't seem to like you for some reason.

You left this forum in disgrace over two years ago, why are you
back now?

BOJ

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:49 am
by Type4parts
Tuna please email me.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:29 am
by Piledriver
Look, I have no beef with this guy.

... and if he has found compatible ARP-2000 PRO rod bolts that fit T1/T4 rods (means Wasser too) and SELLS them for ~$90, he has done the ACVW community a _service_.

If he has issues with a few members, so be it, everyone sucks until proven otherwise.

Everyone is somebody elses scumbag, at some point.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 pm
by Daniel G
Personally, I don't see a problem with him. If he's got T4 parts cheaper than other vendors, then I will definitely consider him for my business.

Daniel

Edit: I recant the above statement. He will never get any of my business. As far as I'm concerned, he's on the same level as GEX.