Page 1 of 2
Cam/ Lifter issues- Solved!
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:11 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I'll make a longer more detailed post later....
BUT for all of you that have been waiting for cam and lifters that you can trust it is finally safe again!
I have about 15 sets of lifters that have been treated to 3 different processes that are working!
I will update the store tonight with the information and you can grab them then.....
Note: I will offer a discount on these to everyone that gave to my lifter fund. It was those funds that allowed us to do this latest testing and solve the issues that have plagued the Type 4 for near two years!
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:29 pm
by samcat
Nice one Jake, Congratulations are in order!
I dont need a set, as I am getting ceramics from you with my engine kit.
Solved a problem that has scared a good many people off.
Cya,
SaM C
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:44 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thanks Sam!
There are still no guarantees on lifters and cams but the wear is MUCH better than we have seen with any other tests...
BTW- All these lifters are USED OEM lifters with the processes done to them. We will be trying these processes with some various new lifters next..
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:14 pm
by sparkmaster1
Cool... So to speak????? Will any of this technology spill over to the type 1 crowd? Tim
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:20 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Probably not... Thats the group that would argue with their own Mom..
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:22 pm
by fortyeye
Jake ... check your PM
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:29 pm
by Mikey373
Thanks for all your hard work Jake. Will these lifters be around the same price as the "$180" ones ??? Sorry for the annoying question....I am just excited.
Mike
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:39 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
These are 125.00 for the most expensive ones...
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:01 pm
by mikey373
Nice!!! I will be buying a set for sure. What about the lifter cups?? Are the oem ones solid??
Mike
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:02 pm
by mikey373
Oooops....forgot to ask. These lifters are good with your custom grinds...correct?
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:41 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Absolutely.... Thats ALL we have tested them with. Due to this I won't sell lifters individually because I have no idea how they'll work with other billets or cam tapers.
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:28 pm
by Tom in PA
Jake,
Congrats man!! It's been a long time coming. Very good news.
I'll be looking for a set but not sure what the application is going to be yet. I have nearly all the parts for another 2316, just not sure what it will be going into. This is the one I was collecting parts for before I got one from you. I'll have to check the site and see if you have the cam descriptions up yet. It'll likely be some time before get started on it anyway. WAAY too many other projects to finish first.
Tom in PA
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:07 am
by yeahmag
Jake,
Are you doing anything for Type I with these. I'm going to be interested in replacing my cam before too long because the car is rapidly moving to full race (currently has a 121/125).
I'd be interested in talking to you about options some time soon...
-Aaron
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:55 am
by raygreenwood
Jake...just a question. Trying to get a mental "benchmark" here. How do they compare to say...the original Johnsons that came with Webcams 5-7 years ago? As good? Better? Either one of those ratings would be fine. Ray
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:55 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Basically I have worked to achieve the ame type of wear that we saw a few years ago with web Cams and Johnson lifters..
What many people(even I ) didn't add into this equation was the fact that cam billets have changed since Johnson vanished as well....
The cure was a combination of a billet swap as well as 3 big changes to the lifters.
No, I have no interest in applying what we found to the TI, atleast not right now....probably not for a good while.