WTB: 73 rear fenders in socal
-
Eurolook71
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2000 12:01 am
WTB: 73 rear fenders in socal
Anyone in socal have some 73 rear fenders? I want big rear lights for my 71. I know in 74ish they went to the bumpers with the strut mounts, but 73 had the big lights and early 70 style bumper mounts. I prefer to keep german steel on this thing, but may go for some reposif I have to. Let me know!
- VWader04
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:18 pm
i have 74+ that i need to sell..im going to run wider fenders. Of course they have the larger bumper bracket hole...can be modified easily.
I just went to a vw parts yard 2 weeks ago. Picked up 4 fenders, hood, decklid, rear swaybar..all in one stop.
If you don't want mine check out...this is where I went.
Russ' Recycling
756 Alpha St.
Duarte, Ca 91010
626-303-4366
they have nothing but aircooled in different conditions and stages of tear down..they also have lots of fenders already pulled off.
i pulled mine off myself off of one car. got three matching fenders and the hood from one car..had to pull the 4th fender off of another car. also picked up a cherry decklid from a late model fuel injected beetle.

I just went to a vw parts yard 2 weeks ago. Picked up 4 fenders, hood, decklid, rear swaybar..all in one stop.
If you don't want mine check out...this is where I went.
Russ' Recycling
756 Alpha St.
Duarte, Ca 91010
626-303-4366
they have nothing but aircooled in different conditions and stages of tear down..they also have lots of fenders already pulled off.
i pulled mine off myself off of one car. got three matching fenders and the hood from one car..had to pull the 4th fender off of another car. also picked up a cherry decklid from a late model fuel injected beetle.

- Marc
- Moderator
- Posts: 23741
- Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:01 am
`73 rear bumper brackets are about ¾" longer than `68-`72 to keep the bumper from hitting the bigger "hips" below the taillights on those fenders. Nobody sells the correct part, but you can get by with the `68-`72 if you pull them all the way back (may have to lengthen the slots a little if you want enough room to get your fingers between the bumper and the fenders).