Page 1 of 2

Project approaching end

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:28 pm
by shambly
The end (the beginning?!?) is in sight. Just the exhaust and oil filter/lines to install and my speedster will have massive TIV power. :D

Image

Plenty of room for CDi box and coil behind engine. (Did need to clearance the inner skin of the engine lid and one of the hinges though to clear the air hose as height was a little tight)

Image

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm
by dstar
Dat's just freakin RIGHTEOUS Dude!

<SPURT>

:lol:

Don

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:07 pm
by samcat
Yum Yum!

Sam C

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:12 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Hell yeah!

Lookin sweet!

And it'll haul ass, especially on that 98 Octane UK Fuel!

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:07 pm
by Ephry73
Can I say, CLEAN


Ephry

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:14 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Hey Simon, Mind sending me those pics so I can put them on the site??

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:18 pm
by Ephry73
Now that l look more clearly at the pics, I see you have the Hyfire unit, plus the Mallory coil. Hae you ran the engine yet? any pros/cons?


Jake?



Ephry

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:20 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I dynoed it.....

Its as impressive as ALL the others :-)

The Hyfire and coil really make the engine, those two together can be good for over 6HP as a bolt on to a 150 HP engine.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:27 pm
by Ephry73
Really good news. I know a couple of people here in the forum that use the control boxes with their EFi systems.

I wonder if that would clean up my spark issues :D



Ephry

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:50 pm
by yeahmag
Looks like you have the ballast resistor in place. I'm pretty sure you don't need that with the HyFire controlling everything...

-Aaron

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:00 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
With that coil they actually recommend it. I have the same set up in my 914 including the resistor.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:20 am
by shambly
Thanks all,

Jake - I'll email you the full size photos.

Ephry - I ran the Hyfire on my previous 1641cc T1 with dual kads which was jetted a little rich. It made a huge difference to the way it ran. The start retard also made starting much easier.

Aaron - The ballast is primarily there to allow me to 'fall back' to normal ignition via the bypass plug should the CDi box ever fail.

Simon

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:06 pm
by MNAirHead
Dude ... when are you putting a 009 on it? (yankee humour)

Nice stuff... someday ours will be beauty pagent winners..

T.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:03 pm
by Ephry73
Simon, it looks good man. Great Job. I really like the looks of that engine bay. Gives me a bunch of ideas for the Ghia. All that room back there just being used to hold the sound insulation :D




Ephry

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:04 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I liked it so much I used it on the main page of www.massivetype4.com