1914. Best cylinder heads

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
littco
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:56 am

1914. Best cylinder heads

Post by littco »

Ok, I'm just building a 1914. 94mm b&p and 69 crank.

This is going into a buggy and I am really looking for max performance. It has a 110 cam in it and I am really looking for the best heads to put on this for the best bhp.

I've been looking around and thought of 044's with 42*37mm valves but then have also read that the exhaust valves on this woul dbe to large?!

Anyway, which would be the best cylinder heads to get? and what would be the best valve sizes. Have also read that it may be better to get smaller valves and have the heads ported properly, is this true.

Any advice would be great..

Of yeah, I will be running these on 40 dell's
baja2275
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:50 am

Post by baja2275 »

I would think the 044 CNC round ports would be good for a medium size motor like yours. With with just the mild cam you have I think it would be a good combo.
User avatar
2332 baja
Posts: 1662
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:27 pm

Post by 2332 baja »

I agree with baja2275. The cb cnc round ports #1398 would be a good choice for your carb, displacement, and cam combo. I think anything larger than 40x35 valves would be overkill unless you went with bigger carbs and cam. Plus the smaller valves will live a lot longer and you could have them hand ported later on in order to get even more ponies out of them.
User avatar
sparkmaster1
Moderator
Posts: 1978
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:01 am

Post by sparkmaster1 »

Contact DRD and see what he recommends. I would think a set of his L3's would be a good choice. Tim
Owner Tim's ACVW Engine/Trans Service
Loïc
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:01 am

Re: 1914. Best cylinder heads

Post by Loïc »

littco wrote:Ok, I'm just building a 1914. 94mm b&p and 69 crank.

This is going into a buggy and I am really looking for max performance. It has a 110 cam in it and I am really looking for the best heads to put on this for the best bhp.

I've been looking around and thought of 044's with 42*37mm valves but then have also read that the exhaust valves on this woul dbe to large?!

Anyway, which would be the best cylinder heads to get? and what would be the best valve sizes. Have also read that it may be better to get smaller valves and have the heads ported properly, is this true.

Any advice would be great..

Of yeah, I will be running these on 40 dell's
with your combo the stock round port have a too hi I/E ratio => if you want to use them try a different cam like a Webcam 218/119 with a 8:1 CR and a 1 1/2" merged header and 32 vents in your 40dell for better performance and higher rev a webcam 122/125 with a 9:1 CR and 34 vents.
Guest

Post by Guest »

and for a 1776 mildly modified with a w110??
Post Reply