Testing the Evo.... Damn Chris rocks!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Testing the Evo.... Damn Chris rocks!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

WOW- The brown truck just left and it was out of the box before the truck was even out the driveway...

2316 is warmed up and the test is underway!

This thing rocks! What a job Chris!

I'll post pics later on the site and here as well.
samcat

Post by samcat »

Be nice to have a wallpaper sized (1024x768) picture of it glowing cherry red ;)

Cant wait for the results... I guess your doing a comparison to the previous racer chris exhaust and the A1?

Cya,
Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
MASSIVE TYPE IV

These tests are all Tangerine- No A-1 tests this time. Just made the first full pull- It's cooling down now.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Okay all tests with the old header are finished and we have tested all the new and old mufflers that Chris has made with it. This old header is the same one we compared to the A-1 in the exhaust shootout.

The different mufflers definately yielded differing results! I can't wait to see what happens with the new Evo header as soon as we can touch the exhaust we'll know!

The new twin pipe muffler that exits through the stock apron cutouts is really trick! It has an awesome sound thats incredible compared to anything else... It sounds very deep, yet pissed off!

Chris did not design this twin tip muffler for the old header so I hope to see some varying results with it between the two headers for sure!

Damn I love this!
samcat

Post by samcat »

Cool!

You NEED to setup a webcam in the dyno cell... Would be cool to just pop open a page and see stuff happening (albeit a bit like a slideshow and low res :) )

Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Yeah... But the bandwidth would be crazy!
Class 11 streeter

Post by Class 11 streeter »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:The new twin pipe muffler that exits through the stock apron cutouts is really trick! It has an awesome sound thats incredible compared to anything else... It sounds very deep, yet pissed off!
Some love the "angry bee swarm" sound of a VW stinger, but give me the p-PUT p-PUT p-PUT at idle followed by brrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRR *shift* brrrrrRRRRRRRRR *shift* brrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *shift* BRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr taking off with a rumbly exhaust any day!
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Damn I love this!
We are glad you do Jake........we are glad you do! :wink:
Last edited by Class 11 streeter on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
samcat

Post by samcat »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Yeah... But the bandwidth would be crazy!
Err, just a little!

Ah well, keep up the good work!

Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
MASSIVE TYPE IV

First run on the Evo is done.....
bogaat

Post by bogaat »

:shock:
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:First run on the Evo is done.....

AAAAND??? LOL

Ron
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Jake phoned me.
It seems that there was no perceptible difference in performance between my old and new header on this engine. The torque is still awesome and the peak horsepower is probably not as high as the A-1 would yield.
Personally I think this displacement engine is too big for my 1 5/8" size header to produce really high peak power. It's not the primary size so much as the secondary and tail pipe sizes.
The new Stage II silencer gave some interesting results. Jake really likes the sound.
I'll let him elaborate more when he gets a chance.
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

The results are very interesting for sure. I'm not an exhaust expert or anything, but aren't typically 4 into 1 headers like the A-1 normally better for peak HP whereas 4-2-1 systems, like the Tangerine, normally more for torque and not top HP?? I guess what I an asking is, isn't it really an "apples to oranges" type of comparison?? Not that they shouldn't be tested or anything, but they are designed for different types of power. Both systems are beautiful, but I would personally rather have the Tangerine 4-2-1. That thing is just GORGIOUS!!! 8)
Wally

Post by Wally »

Racer Chris wrote:Jake phoned me.
It seems that there was no perceptible difference in performance between my old and new header on this engine. The torque is still awesome and the peak horsepower is probably not as high as the A-1 would yield.
Personally I think this displacement engine is too big for my 1 5/8" size header to produce really high peak power. It's not the primary size so much as the secondary and tail pipe sizes.
The new Stage II silencer gave some interesting results. Jake really likes the sound.
I think the way you guys present the first hand results of these tests, either good or bad, deserves nothing but respect. Never seen this anywhere else.
Its not only technically interesting, but makes for exiting reading as well :wink:

Tnx,
Walter
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
LouisCypher

Post by LouisCypher »

Wally wrote:
Racer Chris wrote:Jake phoned me.
I think the way you guys present the first hand results of these tests, either good or bad, deserves nothing but respect. Never seen this anywhere else.
Its not only technically interesting, but makes for exiting reading as well :wink:

Tnx,
Walter
Absobloodylutely, I agree! :D