Page 1 of 1

What Shocks

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:44 pm
by elev8_dude
I'm in the process of adding drop spindles from CB Performance and I figured I might as will change out the old shocks. Was wondering what are the best street shocks for my 69 beetle? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'll hopefully be posting my first ever pic's soon.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:09 pm
by Glenn
I've always liked KYB GR2.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:08 pm
by rustbucket
Ditto. I've run them for as long as I've had my car and always liked them.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:21 am
by elev8_dude
I have seen those advertised and mentioned here before. Sounds good, thanks.

In the process of changing my spindles I broke my Tie Rod end on the passenger side. Gotta love this do-it-yourself stuff. I guess I'll be off the road a little longer than I thought.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:28 am
by rustbucket
Sounds pretty normal. Look at it this way though, aren't you glad it broke while you were wrenching on it and not while it was on the road? Just think of it as a stress test. :lol:

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:30 am
by elev8_dude
stress test on the car or me? :x