Page 1 of 3
HEY!!!! TAKING A POLL!!!...CHECK IN WITH YOUR TIRE SIZES!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:26 pm
by surfbug1
HI......
WHAT SIZE TIRES DO YOU RUN IN THE FRONT / REAR?
WHAT BRAND OF TIRES DO YOU HAVE?
WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
******
EVERYONE CHECK IN AND LOG YOUR INFO!!!!
******
I AM "TIRED" OF TRYING TO PICK TIRES BY MYSELF....HAHAHAHA
BIG AL
SURFBUG ------> MADE IT TO va AND BACK TO nyc OVER THE WEEKEND!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:40 pm
by Sixty3GL
Summer
205/40/17 Continental Conti-ExtremeContact
Treadwear 400, great all season, directional, got 'em at Discount Tire Co.
(Winter)
Rear 205/55/16 Kumho Ecsta ASX
Front 195/50/16 Kumho Ecsta ASX
All season, treadwear 400, Assymetrical (inside/outside) DTC also.
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:13 pm
by MattKab
215/40ZR17 front and 215/45ZR17 rear on 7.5" rim.
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2 from a UK web based supplier.
Phenomenal grip, even in the wet

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:51 am
by michael86
215 45 17 up front on7.5s
255 40 17 on the back on 9
toyo T1s with the formula 1grooves
tires are soft and have extreemly good grip
bought them at a local tireshop
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:17 am
by surfbug1
anyone have stock 15 inch rims......
what tires do you guys have on those?
my car is really low...
al
surfbug1
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:34 am
by volkdent
Pirelli PZero Nero
205/14/17 front on 7.5" Porsche Cup II
235/14/17 rear on 9" Porsche Cup II
Jason
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:36 pm
by Cohibra45
I don't have 'Stock' rims; I am using Porsche 2.0 Fuchs and just put on 195/60/15 Goodyear 'Triple Tread'. I know they are not 'Performance' tires, but they sure do a lot better than the 165's I just took off

!!
I will give a report later if you guys would like. I think I might have to use some CB dropped spindles. My front end is a little high.
Kelly
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:13 pm
by Chris V
I've run:
175/65-15's on 4", 4.5", and 5.5" rims
195/60-15's on 5.5" and 7" rims
215/60-15's on 6" and 7" rims
195/50-16's on 6" rims
205/55-16's on 6" rims
215/55-16's on 7" rims
225/50-16's on 7" and 8" rims.
There were also some 13's and 14's, but who cares about those
Continental's, Yokohama's, BF Goodrich's, Dunlop's, and Sumitumo's
eBay, TireRack
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:31 pm
by surfbug1
so.....
I got 195-60-15's...
michilens energy mvx4"s
two for the front as a test......
and they are on sport wheels....vw stock sport wheels....
welll.....
the tires just miss the inside of the spring.....sport plus spring....
can just about put your finger behind them.,....it is close....
and....
I put the other 15s 165 sr's (80's) on the rear....
everything worked out well....
the front feels great, and I can't believe how much more control and feel I have over the front of the car......
next is the rear sway bar, and a new driver tie rod up front, and then put in my gr-2's ............then mich 205-60-15's in the rear.....used of course.....
so that is my story...
and I bought the tires with about 60 percent tread left.....they shoudl be 103 dollars per tire.....but I paid 17/50 each mounted and balanced.....
hey....great deals in the bronx, the little tire shop at the end of my block...
they even rotated all 4 of my tires!!!!
super
big al
surfbug1....
thanks for all the help from everyone...
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:38 pm
by Victor H
205 50 17 front
225 45 17 rear both on 17x7 et 42 wheels.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:55 am
by jonas_linder
Here is my friends car, he's running 205 40 17 on all coners.. it sits about 1 cm from the ground ( 0.4 " ) he's car is looooooooowww
In these pictures it isn't lowerd at it's max
Enjoy

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:32 pm
by surfbug1
so,
I have 195/60 15's on the front...these are michilens....
and I just got 215-60-15's on the rear ....these are coopers.....I was woried if they would fit but they did and they look very cool....
and I bought new "used" chrome lug nuts....shiny and new looking...
bought everything for 95 bucks...
so add that to my sport wheels for 100 bucks....and I have got me self a tire package for 195 total......
seems to be working ok so far......thanks everyone for all the help and next is the rear sway bar, rear gr2's ....
then maybe new torsion bushings and lower the rear....and maybe some disks up front.....
getting better with each upgrade....next is then rear sway and the shocks.....
thanks
big al
surfbug1
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:03 pm
by PW4056
I have 2 sets,
7.5x16 205/50/16
9x16 245/45/16,
8x17 215/40/17
9x17 255/40/17
All Bridgestone S0-3. Very good grip in dry, wet, I dont drive as crazy but also good grip.
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:11 am
by BREEZE
I have the adjustable front end on my bug, and the cal-look finders. Can I run 17”s with no rubbing?? How do yall run wide wheels on the front with out rubbing??
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:40 pm
by Eurolook71
I plan on:
205/45/16 front and rear
as for 15s
your best bet would be some 195/50s...
you can find certain tires in the 15in flavor in 195/45, or 205/45, but your gonna pay ALOT for a smaller profile. I'm pretty sure you can find Dunlops, and a few more big names with these special sizes.
Just keep in mind, the lower the profile, the more road noise, and to be honest, the less milage out of the tires...oh the price we pay for performance.