OK SO I BOUGHT THOSE SUPER COOL TINS TO PUT ON MY 1977 TYPE 1 AND NOW I AM WONDERING ----ARE THEY USED ALONE OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE TWO SMALL CLIP-ON UNDER THE CYLINDER DEFLECTOR PLATES???
anybody have any experience with these????
DO YOU USE SUPER COOL TINS WITH OR WITHOUT DEFLECTORS
-
eric77super
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:29 pm
-
VGM
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 12:01 am
-
Chris V
- Posts: 3416
- Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:01 am
I run them on my 1775...7.6:1 w/semi-hemi chambers and unleaded gas...no over heating problems.
http://www.joesracing.com/
Son of Marc
Son of Marc
- sideshow
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:00 am
You mean the square'ish tin clipped the the middle lower head studs? Then the super cool tin fits in the same space, it is one or the other.
Both work.
The type-3 tin works best on crank mounted fans and the other works best on upright. I wouldn't bother to take an engine apart just to change that deflector.
Both work.
The type-3 tin works best on crank mounted fans and the other works best on upright. I wouldn't bother to take an engine apart just to change that deflector.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
-
eric77super
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:29 pm
thank you for the info re deflector tins
thanks im just gonna use the small ones and not those so called cool tins
-
Guest